Is it time for a fresh approach?

Before we do anything we need to start conceding less goals. We conceded 32 goals last season, 9 of which were post split.

Goldson & Davies have gone but is there any evidence we’re in a better position  defensively than we were last season? We still look vulnerable at the back

And can we cut out the really stupid basic mistakes giving the ball away needlessly? 
Their second and third goals yesterday came about by us giving the ball away carelessly.

It'll be interesting to see if the new boy from Feyenoord goes into the starting XI a week on Sunday and if so where

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Did you know our front three have contributed the same number of goals and assists as their front three? 

I found that interesting when I saw it. 

Is that this season only ?

If so remove Dessers & you’ll see where the difference between them and us

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

The general consensus from Sundays shambles seems to be that most fans whilst utterly disappointed, are in no way surprised. We've seen this film before with the same ending too many times. With that in mind, is it to have a drastic rethink about how we approach these games?

As much as a high press is laudable, it appears to me to play right into Celtics hands. How many times have we seen a combination of 2 simple passes and we're cut open like a knife through soft butter? I get that PC wants to play a certain formation but for me it's horses for courses.

What if we set ourselves out to be hard to beat instead of trying to go toe to toe? What if we adopted a versatile 3-5-2 with the potential to easily convert to 5-3-2 when defending? It still could provide width with our full backs (not Tav) and makes us compact and stuffier to break down. God knows we need to try something new. 

----------Butland---------

-----------Souttar---------

---Neraysho----Propper--

Sterling‐--------------Jefte

-----Barron--Diamonde---

-----‐-----Bajrami---------

-----Dessers----Danilo----

3-5-2 and the ugly wee Jap doesn't score that goal.   3-5-2 solves the Tav dilemma (for a while at least) as we can play him right side of the 5 (or 1 in from the right)

First point is clear to me..  the second is just a way to get him in the team (captain n all that)

4 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Is that this season only ?

If so remove Dessers & you’ll see where the difference between them and us

I don't disagree with your point - we need more from our wingers. 

The main difference is contributions from midfield, for me:

Screenshot_20240902_211105_FotMob.thumb.jpg.691bdeb5e105caadf0dab79cd426703b.jpg

10 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Before we do anything we need to start conceding less goals. We conceded 32 goals last season, 9 of which were post split.

Goldson & Davies have gone but is there any evidence we’re in a better position  defensively than we were last season? We still look vulnerable at the back

And can we cut out the really stupid basic mistakes giving the ball away needlessly? 
Their second and third goals yesterday came about by us giving the ball away carelessly.

It'll be interesting to see if the new boy from Feyenoord goes into the starting XI a week on Sunday and if so where

Arguably worse, but it's only been 4 league games.

We conceded 0.84 goals per game last season, we're conceding 1 goal per game this season.

(Only league data, as that's all I have at hand.)

23 minutes ago, Chic Sharp said:

3-5-2 and the ugly wee Jap doesn't score that goal.   3-5-2 solves the Tav dilemma (for a while at least) as we can play him right side of the 5 (or 1 in from the right)

First point is clear to me..  the second is just a way to get him in the team (captain n all that)

Tav has to go. Full stop. Or I fear it will be the end for Clement. 

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Park the bus in every single game.

It has to be so awful that every Scottish football fan has a breakdown when he checks the scores and sees Rangers 0 Jobbers 0.

An intriguing proposal. It could be improved upon only by dismissal of M. Clement, and appointment, in his stead, of Mr Craig Levein. 

I'm not a Tav fan but I'm unsure why there's so much focus on his poor performance on Sunday.  

I'd prefer us to set up not to lose at the Piggery but as stated earlier, managers don't really change much about their set ups these days, so we're flinging shite at the moon here.