Park needs to sell up and go

2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Rangers are mostly owned by 6 or 7 people with between 10% and 15% shareholding each. It’s not just about Park. No one is in overall control 

I disagree.  Sometimes shareholders are just there for the short haul and others have other plans.

Cheap / Free advertising..  I take a run down there every few days to see how the Copland is doing and see Parks Buses 🚌 parked there most times. 

3 minutes ago, Chic Sharp said:

From Parks jnr and coward Stuart Robertson selecting Caixinho and him bringing in Beale.

The Project Manager for Copland Road do over was I think.. GP and though he might have been sacked he's still on the Board.  There was a reason King didn't vote for his re-election to the Board.

The 'new' Chairman / CEO.. will he be a pal of DP's?

I believe the lcurrent vice-chairman of St Mirren is a friend of Bennett and or Park. 

It was reported that someone was sacked for the Copland fiasco but no names were mentioned so we'll never really know. What did happen (although I was slaughtered on here at the time for saying so) was our board or someone close to them, leaked a story to The Sun that blamed Bisgrove for the situation and absolved Bennett and Co of any blame.

Let's not forget that it has been the board's incompetence that has led us into our current situation (gross mismanagement, continual incorrect appointments, NEH, etc). 

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

I believe the lcurrent vice-chairman of St Mirren is a friend of Bennett and or Park. 

It was reported that someone was sacked for the Copland fiasco but no names were mentioned so we'll never really know. What did happen (although I was slaughtered on here at the time for saying so) was our board or someone close to them, leaked a story to The Sun that blamed Bisgrove for the situation and absolved Bennett and Co of any blame.

Let's not forget that it has been the board's incompetence that has led us into our current situation (gross mismanagement, continual incorrect appointments, NEH, etc). 

I think Parks gave that job to his useless son thinking.. surely that's pretty straightforward.   D'ooh

3 hours ago, Chic Sharp said:

..and take his useless sons with him.

All Ramgers fans can see that when Dave King left Douglas Parks has made an arse out of Rangers.

He put Bennett in as Chairman / CEO (a patsy) when that became clear.

Leave aside the manager the real problem is him.  No wonder he said having a Club1872 member on the Board was PROBLEMATIC.

He can't sell up if there's nobody to buy his shares, as Dave King has found out. 

Given all that's being going on at C1872, having someone on the board is problematic.

6 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

He can't sell up if there's nobody to buy his shares, as Dave King has found out. 

Given all that's being going on at C1872, having someone on the board is problematic.

I dare say King would and I'd imagine plenty of other bona fide Rangers fans would step in and take them.

When King with the two other fellas took over there wasn't many willing to invest because of Ashley etc.. we're now (thanks to King and those two other fellas) a good proposition.  The only thing we need to guard against is Hedge Fund robbers and Tims - that shouldn't be an insurmountable problem.

I don't see anyone wanting to push Parks out of the way on that Board and that's why he'll not let King back in.  King is the best bet but because he's not in the country that makes others a bit suspicious.

Not really sure how King is thinking but I do think him still staying in South Africa would present a big problem.

18 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Although I don't personally know the OP, I can vouch for him. He has produced the most wonderful spreadsheets.....

Thanks for that Bluedell.

Should be an updated one in the coming weeks months - lots of changes to Rangers and the European comps so still a wee bit to go.

6 minutes ago, Chic Sharp said:

Thanks for that Bluedell.

Should be an updated one in the coming weeks months - lots of changes to Rangers and the European comps so still a wee bit to go.

Cheers. An incredible resource for the Rangers support!

31 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Although I don't personally know the OP, I can vouch for him. He has produced the most wonderful spreadsheets.....

Thanks and apologies to Chic - I'm a bit of a cynic (reason, not excuse).  

8 minutes ago, Chic Sharp said:

I dare say King would and I'd imagine plenty of other bona fide Rangers fans would step in and take them.

When King with the two other fellas took over there wasn't many willing to invest because of Ashley etc.. we're now (thanks to King and those two other fellas) a good proposition.  The only thing we need to guard against is Hedge Fund robbers and Tims - that shouldn't be an insurmountable problem.

I don't see anyone wanting to push Parks out of the way on that Board and that's why he'll not let King back in.  King is the best bet but because he's not in the country that makes others a bit suspicious.

Not really sure how King is thinking but I do think him still staying in South Africa would present a big problem.

King and Park deserve credit for the amount of finance that they put in and we're now struggling as it was always said that it was front loaded.

However King has caused as many issues as Park with some of his crazy retail deals and the cash it's taken to get out of them.

In my opinion, King doesn't want back in. He's basically done his bit (other than to bitch about Park in the press any time we're about to play an OF game) and doesn't have the enthusiasm or cash to get more involved. Let's remember he's 70 next year. 

Park is pretty much the same, which is why he's stepped away and resigned as a director. He's 74 and not keeping that well, as far as I know. I'm not sure how much influence he has any more.