How have we done in the transfer window?

I think we should have been looking at McCowan the boy the other mob signed he’s a good prospect for selling on I don’t know if we even have scouts that attend games these days but I don’t like the prospect of losing one to that mob 

I agree that it's too early to judge the transfer window. All I want to see is season on season improvement. Like Gerrard, if we see continual improvement, we can get behind the manager. For me, that would be taking points against them in meaningful matches, making a legitimate challenge in the league and progressing from the new EL group stage format. Cups aren't much of a gauge unless we beat them en route to the cup. 

Squad depth:

ST  
  Dessers  
  Danilo  
  Igamane  

LW AM RW
Cortes Bajrami Cerny
Matondo Hagi McCausland
  Lawrence  

LCM RCM  
  Diomande Barron  
  Raskin Sterling  
  Rice Dowell  

LB LCB RCB RB
Jefte Propper Kasanwirjo Tavernier
Yilmaz Nsiala Souttar Sterling
  King Balogun Devine

GK  
  Butland  
  Kelly  

In isolation this window has been positive for the medium to longer term. Moved on many high earning low contributors replaced with cheaper hungrier players with high looking up sides.

For the short term I’d have loved to have seen an exiting winger like the Egyptian or the lad Edozie and we are crying out for a quality #6 in the mould of Ryan Jack. The squad still lacks good quality options. I’d say less than half of the starting XI picks itself and injuries will still be a concern. But none of that is down to or will be fixed by this transfer window. We also have a heavy schedule in Europe which doesn’t really have the high financial reward we are looking for. This will heavily affect our players conditioning and mental toughness if we are on the wrong end of some bad scores.

We are trying to rebuild and downsize at the same time, one is not conducive of the other. 

I think we have the right manager and coaching staff in place, some of the playing staff building blocks we need but will fall short of being competitive. Thanks John ‘best in class’ indeed.

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Squad depth:

ST  
  Dessers  
  Danilo  
  Igamane  

LW AM RW
Cortes Bajrami Cerny
Matondo Hagi McCausland
  Lawrence  

LCM RCM  
  Diomande Barron  
  Raskin Sterling  
  Rice Dowell  

LB LCB RCB RB
Jefte Propper Kasanwirjo Tavernier
Yilmaz Nsiala Souttar Sterling
  King Balogun Devine

GK  
  Butland  
  Kelly  

I would also put Jefte as a LW option. Cortes can also play on the right.

2 hours ago, Ted McMinnime said:

Anyway, the real prospect at at Dundee is Lyall Cameron. U21 international, central midfielder 21 yo

Saw him on the telly in a cup game. Tenacious and forward going and not afraid to have a shot.