How have we done in the transfer window?

How much have we chopped off the weekly wage bill? Surely it has  got to be a few million over the course of season  👊🔴🔵

Edited by Fa1833

1 hour ago, Fa1833 said:

How much have we chopped off the weekly wage bill? Surely it has  got to be a few million over the course of season  👊🔴🔵

I heard on the four lads a dream podcast we have saved 10 to maybe 16 million a season not sure how much will have gone on the new recruits wages but that is a enormous amount 

6 hours ago, WorthingBear91 said:

I heard on the four lads a dream podcast we have saved 10 to maybe 16 million a season not sure how much will have gone on the new recruits wages but that is a enormous amount 

That’s good mate but you don’t win any trophies for cutting wage bills. But I know it was needed.

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

That’s good mate but you don’t win any trophies for cutting wage bills. But I know it was needed.

The club was living above it means and it was indeed necessary, I think we can cut the wage bill and still win trophies it comes down to recruitment, Clement has been hamstrung by the state of the playing squad, the age, high earners, end of contracts, low transfer budget, unsellable assets. Recruitment will take another 2 maybe 3 or 4 transfer windows before he can form a functional squad. I believe clement and Koppen are looking at this more long term rather than previous duos in their positions. We can still win trophies if the players settle and develop under the manager also if they stay injury free.

We have done well to get rid of so many players this window and the jury is out on incomings (think we are 3 or 4 short). 

Looking through the squad, it's hard to pick 11 - 15 players who you'd trust to play 60 games a season. So that'll mean constant squad / player rotation and players playing out of position. 

Our horrific injury record has continued into this season and we are a Dessers injury away from having no fully fit strikers. 

Next two or three games will show exactly where we are as some tough games coming up starting today.

Disappointed in the window overall. Big money (for us) spent on someone who has limited upside imo and doesn’t look that good. I know some don’t agree with this but my principle is that we should only be spending big money on very young players who are big prospects. 

Decent money spent on a centre back who who turns 31 this month and just looks run of the mill.

Even with the limited funds we had I just expected a lot more. Diomande was the last window really by after 6 months the jury is still out and there are some red flags. 

Centre mid looks weak, the wide forward positions look weak and with a real lack of depth. Matondo is very injury prone and Cortes might be too.

Our board and so called recruitment team couldn’t spot a player if he shat in our cornflakes!

a shambles top to bottom and this gets worse before it gets better!

Mr Bennett better go back to the day job in London as he has no clue/hope to run a once famous and proud football club!

founding father of edmiston house tho!

3 hours ago, DMAA said:

Disappointed in the window overall. Big money (for us) spent on someone who has limited upside imo and doesn’t look that good. I know some don’t agree with this but my principle is that we should only be spending big money on very young players who are big prospects. 

Decent money spent on a centre back who who turns 31 this month and just looks run of the mill.

Even with the limited funds we had I just expected a lot more. Diomande was the last window really by after 6 months the jury is still out and there are some red flags. 

Centre mid looks weak, the wide forward positions look weak and with a real lack of depth. Matondo is very injury prone and Cortes might be too.

Just to balance this out a wee bit, the Igamane signing was more encouraging. It remains to be seen if we have got our scouting right of course, but those are the kind of signings we need to be making.

If the link to the Egyptian boy was true I think that would have been an outstanding signing and it’s another possible good sign in terms of our scouting. His move to Getafe feel through so I hope we revisit it.