[FT] Celtic 3 - 0 Rangers

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

During yesterday's game Jefte was booked for "persistent fouling" after commiting his 1st foul. Beaton clearly points to areas of the pitch and holds up 4 fingers. 

So did Jefte get booked for persistent fouling after 1 foul or did Beaton book him simply because we as a team had committed 4 fouls? 

Nobody from the club will ask the question, but it would be good for Beaton / SFA to explain the situation. 

I work with a ref so I'll ask for his take next time I see him. Apparently Willie Collum takes them all through key decisions and says whether they were right or wrong. Doubt I'll get much out of him but I'll see. 

5 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Ground Duels won:

Diomande - 16/12

Barron - 4/0

Sterling - 4/2

Aerial Duels won:

Diomande - 1/0

Barron - 1/0

Sterling - 1/0

Tackles:

Diomande - 5

Sterling - 1

Barron - 0

Interceptions:

Sterling - 4

Diomande - 0

Barron - 1

Blocked Shots and Clearances:

Sterling - 1 for each

Barron and Dio - 0 for both

Those stats are rather concerning.  No wonder they seemed to waltz through us with ease.  

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

Those stats are rather concerning.  No wonder they seemed to waltz through us with ease.  

That’s not showing you the intangibles like shape, structure, marking etc. but none of that was any better. I think Dio’s numbers will surprise some. 

At one time Rangers was a name that had respect in football but those day's are long gone we are not a big club anymore in fact i'd say were not even a big club in Scotland now just one of the  also rans fighting for that second place in a one team league and i don't see how anyone can change things the board have done their best the manager looks clueless the players for the most part just blokes getting a decent payday most of them don't have the heart for the club they know nothing about the pride in playing for the club the club is fucked . 

Just to further my point on aerials, in total there were 17 aerial duels and Celtic won 13 (76%). Nobody other than a centre back won a duel for us, and they tend to have the easy ones against Kyogo. Celtic aren't even good at aerial duels, they complain about it all the time. 

On ground duels they only won 51%, so there was no real difference there.

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Just to further my point on aerials, in total there were 17 aerial duels and Celtic won 13 (76%). Nobody other than a centre back won a duel for us, and they tend to have the easy ones against Kyogo. Celtic aren't even good at aerial duels, they complain about it all the time. 

On ground duels they only won 51%, so there was no real difference there.

We really needed to punt Dessers and get a Wout Weghorst type bastard up front to bully teams. We will regret not getting on IMO.

10 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

We really needed to punt Dessers and get a Wout Weghorst type bastard up front to bully teams. We will regret not getting on IMO.

Seems to me we were open to Dessers leaving but he wasn't interested. 

10 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Seems to me we were open to Dessers leaving but he wasn't interested. 

Mick Beale made a difficult situation worse with some of his daft signings.  

33 minutes ago, DMAA said:

That’s not showing you the intangibles like shape, structure, marking etc. but none of that was any better. I think Dio’s numbers will surprise some. 

Our inability to track runners was the most alarming aspect of our performance yesterday.  The space we gave them in and around our box was terrifying.

Are the players doing what the manager is asking of them?

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Our inability to track runners was the most alarming aspect of our performance yesterday.  The space we gave them in and around our box was terrifying.

Are the players doing what the manager is asking of them?

Unfortunately my conclusion is that Clement doesn’t know how make a team hard to beat. We haven’t been a solid unit since he came in. The 3-2 Ross County game is the one that comes back to me every time. Wide open from literally the first minute when they almost scored to the final minute. Nothing done about it. And that continued on from game to game. 

The type of player he has signed only adds to that.