[FT] Celtic 3 - 0 Rangers

1 minute ago, Uilleam said:

I doubt that the board would be visible.

Anyway, the board for all its sins, real and imagined, don't coach the players, set out the team, do the tactics, etc. 

The yahoos have just spent over £30m.

we spent peanuts in comparison.

they’re shopping at harrods. We’re shopping at poundstretcher.

Thats the difference.

18 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I don't feel this season is comparable to Beale last season. Yes we are 5 points behind but we are no where near as bad as we were then.

I knew watching that defeat in Kilmarnock Beale was done. Time will tell i suppose but i expect us to get back on the horse and start improving. Hopefully we avoid some bad results in Europe.

I just meant in terms of only judging them from the start of a season. 

I would agree it was worse under Beale. 

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

The yahoos have just spent over £30m.

we spent peanuts in comparison.

they’re shopping at harrods. We’re shopping at poundstretcher.

Thats the difference.

You are right.

There are, of course, all these FFP rules and regs to take into account. 

We need to box more cleverly than we have ever done before, I think. 

I don't know if the current 'custodians' are good enough boxers, or even fighters. 

30 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Its all well.and good taking this season in isolation and even in doing so, the results and performances have mostly been unacceptable. Unless you class meekly exiting the CL qualifiers and being 5 points adrift in the League acceptable and progression.

Again, it's all well and good investing in the future, but that doesn't help the here and now. With so many players leaving it was crucial we signed players ready to step into the 1st team and improve the quality. 

The season appears to be over after 4 games, that is unacceptable, rebuild or not. 

Better Rangers teams than this have failed to qualify for the CL.

We were 7 points adrift last season, and more behind the season before. 

I've already posted that I don't think we've strengthened the first team enough. I'd rather we focused on younger players, though. We can't spend our way out of it. 

I've already posted weeks ago that I wasn't expecting a title challenge this season. It's too much of a rebuild in difficult financial circumstances. 

Watching the game today I thought we had five good opportunities( six if u count Souttar’s header which hit the post & was bizarrely given a bye kick)

Of the five two fell to Dessers, one each to matondo, tav & macausland.

I like Dessers but I can’t help feeling he doesn’t seem team mates around him well enough at times. He had a weak shot in the second half which Scmeichel said easily. However Cerny was behind him & if he’d given it to him he’d a clear shot on goal. This seem to happen quite often with Dessers unfortunately. Just wonder if Shankland would be as wasteful 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

I've already posted that I don't think we've strengthened the first team enough. I'd rather we focused on younger players, though. 

I've already posted weeks ago that I wasn't expecting a title challenge this season. It's too much of a rebuild in difficult financial circumstances. 

4th in the SPL, 5 points adrift, but it's OK as we signed a few young players who might or might not finally win us a league title in 2029.

Acceptance of failure and 2nd best, it's now the Rangers way. 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I've already posted that I don't think we've strengthened the first team enough. I'd rather we focused on younger players, though. We can't spend our way out of it. 

Tin hat on here but I’m quite encouraged by the young players. Barron & Jefte have done well so far and dionande maybe a wee bit to go

However my main concern is still wide areas up front. If we persist with one wide left & one wide tight we really lack the quality we need atm. Cerny is proving a disappointment for me

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

Watching the game today I thought we had five good opportunities( six if u count Souttar’s header which hit the post & was bizarrely given a bye kick)

Of the five two fell to Dessers, one each to matondo, tav & macausland.

I like Dessers but I can’t help feeling he doesn’t seem team mates around him well enough at times. He had a weak shot in the second half which Scmeichel said easily. However Cerny was behind him & if he’d given it to him he’d a clear shot on goal. This seem to happen quite often with Dessers unfortunately. Just wonder if Shankland would be as wasteful 

We did create chances but so did Celtic (other than the ones they scored). They were as wasteful in front of goal as we were yet won 3-0 in a canter.

As for Shankland, yes, he is as wasteful, no striker isn't "wasteful" 

I get that we need to try and pick positives from yet another shit-show, but I'm finding it hard to see what has changed - that was as bad as anything Beale or Gio served up at Parkhead.