[FT] Celtic 3 - 0 Rangers

Main culprits---Matondo not chasing back cost first----Barron crap pass allowed breakaway for second----Dessers/McCausland dreadful misses we now have to climb off deck and get on with it.

Best player big Soapy dug us out a few times.

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

we were sh*t and yet the xG and actual attempts is that close.

A lot of it comes back to the same individual.  He's a "nice guy" though.  

3 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Surely today the final nail in the coffin for Tav. He strolls about as if it’s a Sunday league fixture. He’s too slow for top level football

There was a moment in the second half when he got robbed, fell to the floor, and then slowly gets up and jogs back. All the while they've swarmed past him on the attack. He's done - well, he'll be alright against the diddy teams. 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

There was a moment in the second half when he got robbed, fell to the floor, and then slowly gets up and jogs back. All the while they've swarmed past him on the attack. He's done - well, he'll be alright against the diddy teams. 

And he’s got 2 season left on this £31k per week contract 

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

How much longer can we keep saying the same things? Clement has learnt nothing and has been here close on 1 year. 

We chased Gio and Beale for less, yet Clement is given a relatively easy time. His record since the loss at home to Motherwell is horrific. 

@Rousseau does make a fair point around the xG, it's been a theme for years - Celtic are Uber clinical v us and we fluff chance after chance against them.

McGregor and Furuhashi's goals today are one in a season goals.

There's obviously circumstance surrounding the goals which more often than not include appalling defending. That can be corrected with good structure and coaching, which I think Clement is capable of tbf.

I'm going to be glass half full and say stick with him, if sacking manager after manager in October isn't working might I suggest supporting them instead?

The one time we did it worked out in Gerrard.

If Clement can crack the ingredient to winning these games then he'll win the league for us, I genuinely believe that.

Celtic actually out fought us today.

The part of the game where we break up the park and Kyogo sprints 60 yards back to tackle Lawrence with our players huff about with their faces tripping them. 

Effort costs nothing.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

So you want him sacked?  

Where have I said that?

However, you can't argue that since that loss at home to Motherwell that his record is anything other than horrific.

14 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Can't agree - disorganised, inflexible and far too easy to play through. Same as last season, we've learnt / improved nothing. 

It's the execution of the approach, not the approach itself.

For example - as I posted during the game - front and middle press, but the defence sit back leaving acres of space. The high press approach is fine, but the execution is piss poor. 

17 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Kyogo passing the ball into the net from 30 yards doesn’t help. Out keeper is paid big money for games like this and far too often is culpable.

There is definitely scar tissue from too many bad OF games and he has it IMO. Move him on in January, take the cash get him off the wage bill and get Munn in the team.

Both those long range shots were weak as piss. I cannot compute how they go in. 

But then a better press prevents them from getting that space and time to shoot.