[FT] Celtic 3 - 0 Rangers

Philippe Clement may have been given a new contract and I don't think Walter Smith could address the cowardice of this Rangers squad but the Belgian simply must explain why they continue to capitulate time after time in this fixture. We are a weak, weak club at all levels.

It goes without saying there can be a difference in quality in games. You can know that going into any match but that has to mean organisation, fitness and attitude has to at least help bridge the gap. We have neither that or even the basics. That's the manager's responsibility.

With that in mind, he made no subs at half-time after one of the most cowardly halves I've seen even from this team. It's inexplicable and just suggests it's acceptable so why would the players ever need to change their attitude?

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

The initial xG is 1.74 vs 1.39. 

That's bugger all!

If we could just take a chance or cut out the defensive mistakes - or, better still, a combination of both - they are there for the taking. 

14-13 on shots, 4-4 shots on target, with the difference being the big chances (5-2).

All well and good - but did you actually watch the game? 

We are awful, there are no positives to take from that game and not 1 player deserve pass marks. 

We're Celtic's play-toy and looks like it'll be like this for a while.

16 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Good post.  Some prefer to pile on the misery when it's better to be a bit more pragmatic and realise changes need to be made before we can get back where we belong.  

They have more money than us.  There's no sugar daddy going to save us.  We need to buckle up.

And if a sugar daddy shows up the usual suspects will chase him away 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

The initial xG is 1.74 vs 1.39. 

That's bugger all!

If we could just take a chance or cut out the defensive mistakes - or, better still, a combination of both - they are there for the taking. 

14-13 on shots, 4-4 shots on target, with the difference being the big chances (5-2).

I know mate but game state will play into that.

They aren't a brilliant side - we're just very meek when playing against them.

Get a psychologist in, please! 

Slot done it at Feyenoord, they hadn't won in Amsterdam for years - brought in a quack and they pumped them in their own midden. We need these marginal gains.

Clement needs to learn from this. Going man for man wasn't wise.

Building out from the back was and is the right thing to do though - I'm pleased that we stuck with it.

No one got pass marks today, not even Butland .

What bothers me most is that we all know exactly what their game plan is ,we know how they'll set up , and yet we can't set up against them accordingly .

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm most annoyed at the lack of fight. 

I think the structure and approach are fine - obviously, they still require perfecting. 

Kyogo passing the ball into the net from 30 yards doesn’t help. Out keeper is paid big money for games like this and far too often is culpable.

There is definitely scar tissue from too many bad OF games and he has it IMO. Move him on in January, take the cash get him off the wage bill and get Munn in the team.

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm most annoyed at the lack of fight. 

I think the structure and approach are fine - obviously, they still require perfecting. 

Can't agree - disorganised, inflexible and far too easy to play through. Same as last season, we've learnt / improved nothing. 

2 minutes ago, yuddie said:

I know mate but game state will play into that.

They aren't a brilliant side - we're just very meek when playing against them.

Get a psychologist in, please! 

Slot done it at Feyenoord, they hadn't won in Amsterdam for years - brought in a quack and they pumped them in their own midden. We need these marginal gains.

Clement needs to learn from this. Going man for man wasn't wise.

Building out from the back was and is the right thing to do though - I'm pleased that we stuck with it.

How much longer can we keep saying the same things? Clement has learnt nothing and has been here close on 1 year. 

We chased Gio and Beale for less, yet Clement is given a relatively easy time. His record since the loss at home to Motherwell is horrific.