[FT] Celtic 3 - 0 Rangers

17 hours ago, compo said:

First thing I’d do is drop our captain he can’t handle it against them starts flapping and giving them the ball even if he isn’t under pressure put Sterling at right back.

About time somebody suggested this.

As usual, that lot will come flying out of the traps and try to score early.  The big question is: can we stop them?  

Heart says maybe.  Head says no. 

An interesting week ahead.

Butland 

Sterling  Souttar  Balogun  Jefte

Diomande  Barron

Lawrence

Cerny  Dessers  Matando

I don't think Clement will drop Tav, but if he's brave enough, I hope he starts Sterling at RB. However, if, as expected, he starts Tav at RB, I would have Sterling at RCB to cover, and drop Souttar if Balogun is fit. 

The rest of the team picks itself for me. If Cerny has one of his indifferent performances in the first half, I'd replace him with McCausland toot sweet. 

Lawrence keeps his place as he gives us a that rare goal threat from outside the box and has some momentum to build upon. 

We could win this one if everything and everyone clicks. 

11 hours ago, yuddie said:

Aaahhh you know what?

I reckon we can turn them over.

I know, it's a toxic trait of mine - especially with this team.

Yup, a fan on the radio last weekend described this game as an opportunity to change the narrative, which is spot on. They're not a great team, our fans make out we're utter shite yet we pushed them very close last season, and lost the cup final on poor decisions (ours and the refs!). They'll not be long in turning on Brenda, nothing surer. Gerrard took a season or so to work it out, and had them on toast after he did.

We've given them it too easy for too long.

Butland

Sterling - Souttar - Pröpper

Tavernier - Diomande - Barron - Jefte

Cerny - Dessers - Matondo

They will try to overrun us and will probably have much possession too. We need a solid defense, a cleaner in Barron, and a creative-cleaner in Diomande. Those three at the back give Tav and Jefte the opportunity to hit on the counter, when we have possession of the ball.

Lawrence will most likely play, but he's that sort of Rolls Royce in midfield that can do neat things with the ball, but in the high-intensity of an Old Firm, I doubt he gets the time and space that he requires.