[FT] Celtic 3 - 0 Rangers

I sound like an apologist but I promise you that Clement did not want the lads to shit the bed and stop committing to a press after Celtic successfully played through it for the first time.

They panicked on the pitch.

The biggest issues he has with this team and club currently are psychological. The plan was fine.

10 minutes ago, yuddie said:

I'll get panned for saying this but Clement does have ideas and a plan, the execution is just poor.

Agreed. 

A lot if our fans think rebuilding is a quick thing, it's really not. I think this is in part down to us rebuilding fairly quickly to win 55, and the rheptiles then countering in one window under the fat Greek.

These were both largely due to the other team being shite, on both occasions.

8 minutes ago, yuddie said:

The question I ask is would you rather be competitive against Celtic but be turned over by dross like Hamilton at home or vice versa?

Everyone is harping back to the good old days under Gerrard when we didn't lose to them as much. Gerrard also struggled to beat the dross.

I think Clements shown the ability to create high quality chances against the dross and dominate them. That's why I have some confidence left in him moving forward.

8 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Just saw the videos of the Rangers fans shouting at the manager and players. Deary me. Are we determined to provide the Tims with more ammunition? Thats bloody embarrassing. 

I think you are right but there is no good in telling us about it.

You could go to the stadium after our next dispiriting defeat and help to de-escalate.

Having read the overwhelming majority of your posts I think you have the right combination of intellect and tact required for these difficult situations.

4 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I think you are right but there is no good in telling us about it.

You could go to the stadium after our next dispiriting defeat and help to de-escalate.

Having read the overwhelming majority of your posts I think you have the right combination of intellect and tact required for these difficult situations.

Surely the emollient Cyrille should be the go-to guy for situations like this.....

35 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Just saw the videos of the Rangers fans shouting at the manager and players. Deary me. Are we determined to provide the Tims with more ammunition? Thats bloody embarrassing. 

Neds mate.

Ye canny educate pork.

2 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Ye canny educate pork.

Ahem...

https://sentientmedia.org/pig-intelligence/

"One study carried out in Brazil, the world’s fifth-largest pork producer,  found that when interviewed, all 44 participating pig farmers believed that pigs are capable of feeling pain. Participants also overwhelmingly agreed that pigs are sentient beings who can feel stress, fear and joy. Farmers additionally attributed personality traits to the pigs including stubbornness, friendliness and gluttony. Seventy-three percent of the farmers agreed that the pigs in their care are intelligent."