[FT] Celtic 3 - 0 Rangers

23 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Meanwhile in the real world, a midfielder, and boxer, observes:

How hard is it to contract 'you are'?  Very hard, judging by the contents of X.  

5 hours ago, DMAA said:

That’s not showing you the intangibles like shape, structure, marking etc. but none of that was any better. I think Dio’s numbers will surprise some. 

They surprise me.  I've been too hard on him when I see Sterling's and particularly Barron's stats.  Diomande manages to look comletely chaotic at times.  I must pay more attention i think.

25 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

How hard is it to contract 'you are'?  Very hard, judging by the contents of X.  

Agreed.

However, the error does not reduce the cogency of Woodhouse's analysis, which I fear is on the money. 

48 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Meanwhile in the real world, a midfielder, and boxer, observes:

Well, just plain ironic banter. THEY usually park the bus and lob high balls to send their strikers running, hoping for a corner or free-kick along the way. Targetting weak fullbacks has been added. Only one of our DMs in recent years was able to do his job properly, Ryan Jack, and we continually lost him due to injuries or freak red cards. The rest was usually running all over the place, as were Diomande and Barron for the best part of the season so far ... though Barron has been better at that lately.

This season's problem, is - once more -  that we have a new manager and a team in transition. The last two or three transitions lasted too long, tactics weren't adapted, and whole seasons were lost. Injuries etc. aside. It is only 4 games played, though. And while all the dirge-singers will be in full swing now, no-one knows how the season will eventually unfold. Given the transfer window, optimism will sure look somewhat different. As I said above, any new boy will know what is required, and hopefully they all show up from now on.

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

As I said above, any new boy will know what is required

Cerny, Propper and Barron didn't provide any evidence of that yesterday.