Barron - 0

Interceptions:

Sterling - 4

Diomande - 0

Barron - 1

Blocked Shots and Clearances:

Sterling - 1 for each

Barron and Dio - 0 for both

Have to say, Barron in particular isn't doing much defensively off the ball at all? Seems to find a way to avoid duels. Is he not more of an 8 than a 6?

Another thing that stands out is not a single aerial duel won by our three midfielders. One thing that has worried me about Clement is that he doesn't seem to value aerial prowess at all, which will cost you in Scotland. Diomande's stats are rock bottom for aerials, like pretty much zero. So are Bahrami's. You almost never see 1st percentile nunbers but that's two signings now, both for midfield. Don't have stats for Barron but he's not much use in the air either. Propper's aerial numbers were poor for a centre back. So even the position that should really have good numbers, Clement doesn't seem to value it. Jefte and Cerny are useless in the air. Kasanwirjo is the one exception. 

You're obsessed with aerial duels! Nothing wrong with that.

What stands out is they didn't actually challenge aerially at all. The back four and midfield three had one aerial challenge each, winning none. Propper won his single aerial duel. Souttar was the exception winning 3 of 5. (Dessers won 0 of 4!) 

I think Barron is more of a metronome: a lot of touches, a lot of accurate passes, both long a short. His passing stats are around the highest in the league. He's also quite high in interceptions. Reminds me of Jack a little. 

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Seems to me we were open to Dessers leaving but he wasn't interested. 

The big man loves it here.

You can tell when you see him smiling, and chatting, with opponents and officials.

18 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Beale was finished after losing at home to Aberdeen

What i meant was my mind was made up after that Kilmarnock game that he wasn't the man to take us forward.

We had a load of the ball but created no chances. That trend continued from that day forward. The loss to Celtic at Ibrox under Beale was a great example.

What gives me at least a glimmer of hope under Clement is chance creation - we are still creating decent chances. As long as we are doing that we stand a fighting chance. 

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

A few stats on our midfield:

Ground Duels won:

Diomande - 16/12

Barron - 4/0

Sterling - 4/2

Aerial Duels won:

Diomande - 1/0

Barron - 1/0

Sterling - 1/0

Tackles:

Diomande - 5

Sterling - 1

Barron - 0

Interceptions:

Sterling - 4

Diomande - 0

Barron - 1

Blocked Shots and Clearances:

Sterling - 1 for each

Barron and Dio - 0 for both

Have to say, Barron in particular isn't doing much defensively off the ball at all? Seems to find a way to avoid duels. Is he not more of an 8 than a 6?

Another thing that stands out is not a single aerial duel won by our three midfielders. One thing that has worried me about Clement is that he doesn't seem to value aerial prowess at all, which will cost you in Scotland. Diomande's stats are rock bottom for aerials, like pretty much zero. So are Bahrami's. You almost never see 1st percentile nunbers but that's two signings now, both for midfield. Don't have stats for Barron but he's not much use in the air either. Propper's aerial numbers were poor for a centre back. So even the position that should really have good numbers, Clement doesn't seem to value it. Jefte and Cerny are useless in the air. Kasanwirjo is the one exception. 

Would be intersting to see Raskin's stats once he came on, small figures obviously likely due to short period on the pitch and also the game was gone, but interesting all the same

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

You're obsessed with aerial duels! Nothing wrong with that.

What stands out is they didn't actually challenge aerially at all. The back four and midfield three had one aerial challenge each, winning none. Propper won his single aerial duel. Souttar was the exception winning 3 of 5. (Dessers won 0 of 4!) 

I think Barron is more of a metronome: a lot of touches, a lot of accurate passes, both long a short. His passing stats are around the highest in the league. He's also quite high in interceptions. Reminds me of Jack a little. 

Aerial duels will rarely be decisive against them and wasn’t yesterday because it’s their weakness too. But I do see it as important and a blind spot for our manager. We will likely continue to carry zero threat at corners and be vulnerable when defending them and I'd be surprised if it doesn't cost us points domestically and in Europe. It also makes a less obvious difference during a game when duels keep being lost. It might not directly lead to losing a goal but it could be the difference in losing a game. 

22 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Aerial duels will rarely be decisive against them and wasn’t yesterday because it’s their weakness too. But I do see it as important and a blind spot for our manager. We will likely continue to carry zero threat at corners and be vulnerable when defending them and I'd be surprised if it doesn't cost us points domestically and in Europe. It also makes a less obvious difference during a game when duels keep being lost. It might not directly lead to losing a goal but it could be the difference in losing a game. 

I agree.

I think Propper will be a threat - he has scored 5 headed goals for Twente last few seasons. 

39 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

You can tell when you see him smiling, and chatting, with opponents and officials.

He'll also assist Celtic players when they've gone to ground, what's not to like about him ?

55 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Easy money