[FT] Celtic 3 - 0 Rangers

4 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

It’s the Board’s job to find investment but who will invest on the scale needed? I wouldn’t. 

Hopefully their search for investment has reached further than you and me. 

1 minute ago, MacK1950 said:

Jesus man this post is depressing I am a long long fan have been through untold misseries and will still go to games--AT IBROX--but admit that I did not go to the cup games at HAMPDUMP do to health consideration.

I followed the team through the journey(home & away) but only at home now for above reasons so todays result is just another blip,we have a rebuilt squad so let's get behind OUR TEAM.

Happy Pumped Up GIF by Originals

1 minute ago, Blue Moon said:

I did.  Supported the team, not the Board but wanted them gone.

I did as well, but feel the only way we can show the board our feelings is not buying tickets. 

I'll stand by my decision not to purchase EL and cup tickets going forward as I can't think of anything else I can do.

23 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I said 'we' not 'I' yet you  predictably chose to ignore that. 

The manager isn't and shouldn't beyond criticism,  even Walter Smith got pelters during 9-in-a-row and un his 2nd spell. What makes Clement exempt? 

The fact that he and the board were aligned to the fact that they could not afford to fix our issues in the short term, hence why we've bought project players or players that will be goo enough in seasons to come, not necessarily now. Further alignment was proven with the managers contract extension. 

At the end of the day, we can't afford to bring players in to fix the short term. No expectations today, I saw that from Clements post match interview.

He's clearly comfortable that he's got the security of time.  That's a rare commodity for Glasgow, and one which I don't believe will end well. What happens in 3 years (is that long term?) and they hurtling towards another treble and a 59th league title, whilst lapping up the CL money year after year.

No, I don't buy it. Maybe there was a glimmer of truth in a takeover. This board can give no more.  

4 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Jesus man this post is depressing I am a long long fan have been through untold misseries and will still go to games--AT IBROX--but admit that I did not go to the cup games at HAMPDUMP do to health consideration.

I followed the team through the journey(home & away) but only at home now for above reasons so todays result is just another blip,we have a rebuilt squad so let's get behind OUR TEAM.

Needed saying Mack. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

What does changing the board actually achieve? 

We've got a head of football operations, and a head of football recruitment. Those two are now responsible for the football operations. 

The board are only there to govern. And invest, but they have been doing that, to an unreasonable extent. 

We do not yet have a CEO, who should be responsible for increasing revenue. Revenues have been growing, iirc. 

I doubt we'll get a sugar daddy. 

I suppose they can sack those below them if they're not hitting their targets. It's still too soon for that, though. Koppen just started this season. 

Its not about changing the board. Its about them hiring capable individuals to run the club and auditing what they do to ensure we are headed in the right direction. Not hiring cucks like Wilson and Robertson.

Sugar daddy is not an option. The ideal case is to work with what we have efficiently and using to achieve success.

You don't do that paying guys with no transfer value like Goldson, Tav, Lawrence, Lundstram etc 30k a week. That's stupidity.

28 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Today was another sore one in what has been a catalogue of painful defeats at the hands of our closest rivals but we need calm heads. We have effectively asked our manager to perform open heart surgery without an anesthetic and we need to give him time. We've brought in a lot of players in at one time so we also have to show patience on that front to. Get behind the team! 

IMO, it is clear that Clement has a few major decisions to make. He has to make a call on the captain. Tav is miles off it has become a liability. I would also be actively looking to move Butland on in the winter window. He's a decent keeper but nowhere near as good as some think. If we can get 8/9 million, I would take it. 

Tav should be being phased out of the team, but his replacement (Sterling) is being used to cover other positions we are short in. 

Agree with Butland and suprised he didn't leave in the summer. Kelly wasn't signed as back-up in my opinion. Did a deal fall through? 

Another issue is fitness, we still lose a lot of players / minutes to injuries. As an example, Propper hasn't finished either of the games he's started. 

The manager needs to decide what his best starting 11 is and stick by it. This continual chopping and changing isn't doing is any favours in my opinion. 

Butland 

Sterling

Souttar 

Propper

Jefte

Raskin / Diomamde

Barron

Cerny

Bajrami

Cortes

Dessers / Danilo / Igamane