[FT] Celtic 3 - 0 Rangers

17 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm only judging PC from this season, like I did with Beale last season.

It's a new team. It's a rebuild that needed to happen. And it's not finished. We've only really gotten rid of (most of) the deadwood and invested in the future, but we've not strengthened the first team enough.  Finances have hampered us, there, though.

Spot on. There is no magic fix or quick fix.

20 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It's a new team. It's a rebuild that needed to happen. And it's not finished. We've only really gotten rid of (most of) the deadwood and invested in the future, but we've not strengthened the first team enough.  Finances have hampered us, there, though.

I don't feel this season is comparable to Beale last season. Yes we are 5 points behind but we are no where near as bad as we were then.

I knew watching that defeat in Kilmarnock Beale was done. Time will tell i suppose but i expect us to get back on the horse and start improving. Hopefully we avoid some bad results in Europe.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

16 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Its all well.and good taking this season in isolation and even in doing so, the results and performances have mostly been unacceptable. Unless you class meekly exiting the CL qualifiers and being 5 points adrift in the League acceptable and progression.

Again, it's all well and good investing in the future, but that doesn't help the here and now. With so many players leaving it was crucial we signed players ready to step into the 1st team and improve the quality. 

The season appears to be over after 4 games, that is unacceptable, rebuild or not. 

That was brutal. We hope for better but we have to be honest with ourselves. We cannot spend our way out of this, we must build for the future and that will not be aomplished in one window. Butland is taking the piss in that clip though, he has been utter gladys so far this year. 

8 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I don't feel this season is comparable to Beale last season. Yes we are 5 points behind but we are no where near as bad as we were then.

I knew watching that defeat in Kilmarnock Beale was done. Time will tell i suppose but i expect us to get back on the horse and start improving. Hopefully we avoid some bad results in Europe.

Beale was finished after losing at home to Aberdeen

Just now, RANGERRAB said:

Maybe they should focus on the board first 

15 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Maybe they should focus on the board first 

I doubt that the board would be visible.

Anyway, the board for all its sins, real and imagined, don't coach the players, set out the team, do the tactics, etc.