[FT] Celtic 3 - 0 Rangers

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

It's the execution of the approach, not the approach itself.

For example - as I posted during the game - front and middle press, but the defence sit back leaving acres of space. The high press approach is fine, but the execution is piss poor. 

But once Celtic saw that was our approach, they adjusted and completely overran us. We lack the ability to adapt and change in games. 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It's the execution of the approach, not the approach itself.

For example - as I posted during the game - front and middle press, but the defence sit back leaving acres of space. The high press approach is fine, but the execution is piss poor. 

Hence Neville and Carragher having kittens whenever a team set their line on halfway.

14 minutes ago, CammyF said:

How much longer can we keep saying the same things? Clement has learnt nothing and has been here close on 1 year. 

We chased Gio and Beale for less, yet Clement is given a relatively easy time. His record since the loss at home to Motherwell is horrific. 

You wanted Beale (and GvB? I don't remember, to be honest) to stay. What's the difference with Clement?

Is it the fact you like to be...

C o n t r a r i a n

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Didn't expect it to be close today but I did forget how little I trust Clement against Celtic. The transfer window was very disappointing too and I do wonder now if he'll see through the season. I don't think he is the style of manager to get the results in Europe that we have managed over the years. We probably have a lot of performances like today ahead of us. 

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But once Celtic saw that was our approach, they adjusted and completely overran us. We lack the ability to adapt and change in games. 

You're not wrong, but we don't really need to adapt; we just need to do it better, stop them playing through. 

5 minutes ago, yuddie said:

@Rousseau does make a fair point around the xG, it's been a theme for years - Celtic are Uber clinical v us and we fluff chance after chance against them.

McGregor and Furuhashi's goals today are one in a season goals.

There's obviously circumstance surrounding the goals which more often than not include appalling defending. That can be corrected with good structure and coaching, which I think Clement is capable of tbf.

I'm going to be glass half full and say stick with him, if sacking manager after manager in October isn't working might I suggest supporting them instead?

The one time we did it worked out in Gerrard.

If Clement can crack the ingredient to winning these games then he'll win the league for us, I genuinely believe that.

But we are getting further way from them, not closer. 

There were distinct signs of improvement under Gerrard, European progression and the ability to best Celtic from very early on in his managerial reign.

Gerrard appeared to dispise them, he installed that into his players and we dominated them.

That's well and truly gone. There is little or no signs of progression under Clement.

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

You're not wrong, but we don't really need to adapt; we just need to do it better, stop them playing through. 

We do need to adapt - its simple,  but we tend to overcomplicate what is a very simple game. 

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

You wanted Beale (and GvB? I don't remember, to be honest) to stay. What's the difference with Clement?

Is it the fact you like to be...

C o n t r a r i a n

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Where have I said that I want Clement gone? 

Do you agree that since the Motherwell loss his record is horrific? 

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

We do need to adapt - its simple,  but we tend to overcomplicate what is a very simple game. 

Maybe 30 years ago, but football has moved on.