Was down in London for a few days this week elebrating (is that the right word!) my 40th Birthday and we took in the Chelsea v Reading game at The Bridge (Pictures to follow). The game wasn't the best, but was surprised at the very decent atmosphere given the fact that I'd thought most of the 'hard-core' Chelsea fans had been priced out the market (we paid �£53 pounds each for our tickets - thats face value direct from Chelsea!!!!).

What really stood out for me tho was the pace of the game. Both Chelsea and Reading had players with genuine pace and ability going forward. Chelsea have Anelka, Cole, Malouda and SWP who were superbly supported from midfield by Ballack.

Given the way the game is played in the EPL it is no surprise that a few teams believe that Hutton and Cousin will be suited for the ELP. Both are big, strong and can play football. Anelka for example, played the lone strikers role but also drifted out wide and back into midfield and allowed players like Cole, SWP and Ballck to get beyond him and pose a threat.

All in all, a decent game but still butted I missed our semi-final!!!!

Cammy F

Where did you stay in London?

I stayed at the Millenium Hotel at Stamford Bridge when i was there in August, cracking hotel for a very decent price in the west end.

Stayed in Park Inn at Hyde Park - great hotel in a very central location. Even seen a King Billy statue in Hyde park !!!

Cammy F

Stayed in Park Inn at Hyde Park - great hotel in a very central location. Even seen a King Billy statue in Hyde park !!!

Cammy F

Yip I know where you are there. Not far from Green Pk underground station and close to 'The Ritz' - fine location. I was in my element there last august.

Ive got a few pics of Stamford Bridge i may put up, its nice set up they have there.

Yip I know where you are there. Not far from Green Pk underground station and close to 'The Ritz' - fine location. I was in my element there last august.

Ive got a few pics of Stamford Bridge i may put up, its nice set up they have there.

Yeah, but surprising that they can only get over 42,000 in at The Bridge - the ground / stands look massive and they have done a great job with the surrounding area as well.

One thing I must say is that we were made most welcome in all the pubs pre and post match and received very positive comments on our RFC and TBO scraves - mines was left at the request of the bar manager in the Llloyds Bar at the tube station!!

Cammy F

Yeah, but surprising that they can only get over 42,000 in at The Bridge - the ground / stands look massive and they have done a great job with the surrounding area as well.

One thing I must say is that we were made most welcome in all the pubs pre and post match and received very positive comments on our RFC and TBO scraves - mines was left at the request of the bar manager in the Llloyds Bar at the tube station!!

Cammy F

Aye, I well thought the new stand which is opposite from the camreas looked huge from outside. The stands behind the goals arent the biggest.

I watched Liverpool v Chelsea at Anfield last august in the Blu Bar outside the ground. Atmosphere was superb and they sang for 90 mins. I was alone as the misses didnt want to go to the pub and if i had a few more nips id have been up singing the Gers songs to them.

That trip made me stop disliking Chelsea as i was impressed with them.