What’s your favourite Scottish Cup winning strip?

You're all wrong, it's 1979, that strip is recognised by FIFA as the greatest Scottish Cup Winning strip, Michel Platini told me that himself. 

Technically we sort of won the 1879 final too, well, we drew the final then complained about the refereeing, (plus ca change) and the SFA awarded the cup to Vale of Leven. 

So the Tims used to wear stripes, who knew! 

1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

So the Tims used to wear stripes, who knew! 

Did they not steal the strips and half the team from Hibs and some other team like Renton way back during their formation?

10 minutes ago, compo said:

I couldn’t care less if they played in their bare scuds as long as they win 

I think that you could sell that idea to Channel 5. 

2 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

1998 and 2016 are the worst especially 2016 - never forgive Warburton for losing to that shower

The title does say 'winning strip'.  Please don't remind us of 2016.  ☹️

Edited by Gonzo79

1 hour ago, onevision said:

Did they not steal the strips and half the team from Hibs and some other team like Renton way back during their formation?

Before ra Sellik had even played a match, they had purchased the original Sellik Park and constructed two grandstands. The first game to happen on the ground was an exhibition match between Hibs and Renton. In the aftermath of the game, Sellik signed the better halves of both sides before playing their first match against Rangers reserves(the Swifts).

Remember, Scottish football had been on the go for a quarter of century and was firmly amateur. Did the cash rich club that could afford their own ground and two grandstands offer all those Renton and Hibs players an incentive to sign? We should be told.

5 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Did the cash rich club that could afford their own ground and two grandstands offer all those Renton and Hibs players an incentive to sign?

Wait, what!?  I thought they were downtrodden victims, formed by a selfless bloke, who just happened to be part of a decadent, global cult.  

'99 for me.

Probably my favourite Rangers strip too.

I've got the treble winning tops framed going back to '78, struggle to find the ones prior in decent enough nick though.

Edited by yuddie