Cantwell's Instagram story

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Hopefully his next instagram story is him confirming he is gone and we can all comment 'good riddance petulant child'.

Couldn’t agree more but he makes a good point in his instagram.

The situation with Cantwell is a disappointing one.

For the player's part, he was always a decent option, if ultimately not good enough when the chips were down. For a free transfer he was worth the risk despite his ego eventually ruling his contribution (or lack thereof).

For the club's part, I don't understand our position. Yes, the player asked for a transfer but I don't see how we maximise interest and/or his value by retiring him to the B team (where he doesn't seem to feature either).

Could it be he's refusing to play though? I feel like somebody of that personality (assuming obviously) would be happy to refuse to play, or be a bad influence/disruptive and is therefore better kept away from others

Edited by lenny3k

I'm not really too sure what he means, unless he's saying that the crowd at Ibrox give him congratulations but he's now reading negative comments online and taking that as no support?

He should know that the online support doesn't reflect the views of a lot who go to games and he can't take that to heart, unless he's got the maturity of a 13 year old girl. He's been offered nothing but support whenever he plays.

Or is he talking about lack of support from the management team?

It's too cryptic and not doing himself any favours.

FWIW I'd love him to stay and start at the weekend as he's the most creative player at the club.

4 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I'm not really too sure what he means, unless he's saying that the crowd at Ibrox give him congratulations but he's now reading negative comments online and taking that as no support?

I have disliked Cantwell from day 1 but in this case I give him the benefit of the doubt. I think he’s making a comment in general. A team starts the season well with a couple of interesting new players and high-scoring victories and everybody wants to be there. A team starts unconvincingly with the same performers as the previous disappointing season and there are tickets to spare.

On second thoughts I won’t give him the benefit of the doubt. It’ll be all about him.

His post looks like he is saying when he does well on the park he has our support but when not doing so well he feels the bad vibes from the stands.

Maybe he is speaking for the team as we all know we are the worse support for moaning and groaning when the team is not playing to good and things don't go well on the park.

To me the guy needs a constant arm around him and so what if he does, it's not a bad thing or a failing he just needs to know he's wanted, so guess he's not getting that from the current manager.

I love the guy and want him playing again as his energy is sadly missing although it appears things are way past reconciliation with the transfer request.