Celtic revoke tickets for Rangers fans

Another own goal by the Onion Bears. Just how ridiculous and embarrassing do you get than trying to nick a drum off the visiting dozen or so fans. I wonder what repercussions there will be for this? The individual surely given a lengthy ban is a no-brainer. The UB as a whole banned for a game, a month, a year, indefinitely? How many more times do they bring our name down before we act? And dont get me started on them murdering a beautiful Scottish song that would be better placed as our National anthem than the cringe-worthy FoS. 

27 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Another own goal by the Onion Bears. Just how ridiculous and embarrassing do you get than trying to nick a drum off the visiting dozen or so fans. I wonder what repercussions there will be for this? The individual surely given a lengthy ban is a no-brainer. The UB as a whole banned for a game, a month, a year, indefinitely? How many more times do they bring our name down before we act? And dont get me started on them murdering a beautiful Scottish song that would be better placed as our National anthem than the cringe-worthy FoS. 

Ban the UBs and Hampden would have been empty on Saturday.

Wee boys fighting at football is certainly a new issues that we've never experienced and or dealt with before. 

In this instance the guy has been identified / caught and he'll be banned (rightly), but can and should we ban a whole section for stealing a drum?

I remember during Alistair Hood's days, Rangers did hand out a blanket ban on 50 (IIRC) Blue Order members for standing at a midweek game. The only problem, the 50 were randomly selected and included a number of people who weren't even at the game 😔

Rangers security did say at a briefing that The Blue Order gave them more issues than Hibs, Aberdeen and Celtic fans combined 😀😀

34 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

And dont get me started on them murdering a beautiful Scottish song that would be better placed as our National anthem than the cringe-worthy FoS. 

I love it...but other than being sung by them, it's got nothing to do with the UBs, as far as I'm aware. 

4 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I love it...but other than being sung by them, it's got nothing to do with the UBs, as far as I'm aware. 

Easy target are the UBs - and agree 100% a brilliant song celebrating our history and some of our iconic players. I find it hard to see why any fan wouldn't like it. 

21 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Wee boys fighting at football is certainly a new issues that we've never experienced and or dealt with before. 

It was a grown man of 22. He “fought” a middle aged woman. 

8 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

It was a grown man of 22. He “fought” a middle aged woman. 

It was a generalisation, but the point stands, grown men fight at football I witnessed one between two middle aged Rangers fans on Saturday close to half-time (top section of North Stand), maybe we should just ban all fans then?

The incident has been dealt with, the person has been identified and will no doubt be banned from Rangers and hopefully all football games. A visit to Court and a criminal record / sentence also (rightly) awaits him. Certainly deserves everything he gets. 

I had an old boss, one of the best bosses I've ever had who followed football all his life and unashamedly said that all football fans are arseholes - he's not far wrong. 

Edited by CammyF

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

It was a generalisation, but the point stands, grown men fight at football I witnessed one between two middle aged Rangers fans on Saturday close to half-time (top section of North Stand), maybe we should just ban all fans then?

The incident has been dealt with, the person has been identified and will no doubt be banned from Rangers and hopefully all football games. A visit to Court and a criminal record / sentence also (rightly) awaits him. Certainly deserves everything he gets. 

I had an old boss, one of the best bosses I've ever had who followed football all his life and unashamedly said that all football fans are arseholes - he's not far wrong. 

we  did play better with no fans you might have something 😄

Statement from the club:

Rangers can confirm it has issued indefinite bans to four individuals as enquiries continue following the incident outside Hampden Park on Saturday. Rangers has reached out to the St Johnstone employee to check on their wellbeing and to apologise on behalf of the club.

We abhor and condemn all incidents like this in the strongest terms and continue to support Police Scotland with their ongoing investigation.

4 hours ago, CammyF said:

Easy target are the UBs - and agree 100% a brilliant song celebrating our history and some of our iconic players. I find it hard to see why any fan wouldn't like it. 

Suprised the UNION Bears are comfortable adapting a song written and made famous by a supporter of Scottish Independence? Either way, I thinks it's a great version. Not so sure about Ibroxonia name, or whatever people are calling it.