[FT] Rangers 0 - 2 Dynamo Kyiv

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

6 wins in 22 games. Broken squad or not, that's hardly an inspiring record. The least Id have expected was a structure and playing style. We have neither. 

The rest of your points are 100% spot in

Presume you’re including friendlies in the 22?

I said it earlier in the summer and it might be controversial but we should have openly touted the sale of Butland in the summer. His sale could potentially bring in 10-15 million and that combined with player sales would have help fund our much needed rebuild. Butlands a great goalie (not as good as some people make out though...) but we have bigger issues in front of him to fix. Kelly would be good enough for the SPL and with better players in front of him.

4 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I said it earlier in the summer and it might be controversial but we should have openly touted the sale of Butland in the summer. His sale could potentially bring in 10-15 million and that combined with player sales would have help fund our much needed rebuild. Butlands a great goalie (not as good as some people make out though...) but we have bigger issues in front of him to fix. Kelly would be good enough for the SPL and with better players in front of him.

Given his interview Monday* he might be looking for a move himself. Doubt a very decent 30 year old goalkeeper wants to hang about here and fight with Aberdeen / Hearts for 2nd place in Scotland. Things will get far more toxic than they are now if the results don't improve.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

14 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Yes we bottled it at the end of last season, but it could and should have ended better with only our late subs costing us a win at Tynecastle and then more cheating officials costing us a cup double. I am onboard with you on lack of an obvious shape or style, I was hoping to see that by now but again PC has said all throughout pre-season it will take time and the lack of new players is hampering this situation. Imagine what could have been done if we had (as I and others wanted) got rid of Beale at the end of the 22/23 season and brought in PC then with the amount of cash Beale spunked on absolute diddies being given to Clement. Most of Beale's signings were done early in the window as well which gave him a lot of pre-season to work with. This summer is the exact opposite of that, with no budget, only replacing one out one in, more injuries and players coming back from Euros, long injuries etc, and PC having to try to get something out of players he knows are not what he wants. He is not Guardiola, he cant just make this squad of diddies play total football, the squad at this stage is not his finished article of even close to it. It really is all about patience (not our strong point!) and not ramping up the pressure on the team, although the same cant be said for our board. I thought Bennett said a new CEO was going to be appointed within a week of his interview? Still nothing. No further update on the steel that was supposed to be landing in days, or any consolation that the timescale for the end of September is on track. 

See this is where it gets contradictory. We "almost" won the league last season with a squad of diddies. We should have won the league, but didn't. We can point to several factors, but in those factors is strange team selection/subs and a sudden obsession with narrowing our full-backs.

The board appointed Beale then gave him full control of recruitment (I'd say down to penny pinching) and we're paying the price for it now. That's NOT Beales fault. 

As for CEO and steel updates, it appears Bennett has gone into hiding again, conveniently when we require a strong and determined leader. 

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Still banging on about Cantwell?

Is this about nailing down second place?

It's about playing the best players we have for specific positions. Who would you suggest we should play in the number 10 position?

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Cantwell isn't playing because he asked to leave. 

Yes, he's asked to leave but why aren't we still playing in the mean time? He's arguably still the best 10 we've got.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

We have but it's not as simple as that either, correct me if I'm wrong?

They are run far better than us, their board are head and shoulders above outs and it shows.

To deny it is just burying our heads in the sand. 

I know very little about them or their board.

From my point of view they're well run only in so far as we have given them a free run at the title and CL for 13 years; a good chunk of that time was outwith our control. More recently because we haven't invested wisely. 

I think it is as simple as just spending money more wisely. 

We should have won the league last year.