[FT] Rangers 0 - 2 Dynamo Kyiv

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

I'll be happy that we are work in progress.

There is a difference between acceptance and happiness.  

Anyone expecting miracles during this window is going to be very, very disappointed. 

We can’t do the basics passing a ball to a teammate controlling a ball some of our lads first touch is pathetic and we don’t seem to have a playing style sometimes it’s like watching the lads down the local park having a kick about.

Just sickening. Even this very average group of players should have had enough to win tonight but we were robbed. 

Unfortunately losing out on this £5m is another hammer blow and I think the league will be largely gone by the end of October. I don’t think we’d have got past Salzburg anyway but there was always a chance.

5 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I do not keep blaming refs but I blame that incompetent for tonight.  We are a work in progress, end of.

Very true. Still, we have been a work in progress ever since Warburton took over and - despite all the money the Scum has to dwarf our budget etc. - we simply cannot get our act together with rather obvious things. It never helps if important games like these are essentially happening in pre-season, but for all the new players Clement brought and brings in, we continue this 4-2-3-1 trash and are seemingly unable to learn from previous - glaring - mistakes. It really is a test to my love of football seeing us toil on and on with no real progress in sight. Tonight was just Part 342 of it. 

Disappointment all round. The refs decision obviously had a massive impact on the game but our play confuses me. It seems we resorted to funneling the ball wide and hitting long hopeful crosses into from deep areas to one striker. We have seen this movie before with Tav & Borna from 2 seasons ago. 

We also need to end this number 10 nonsense. We need a player with guile, pace, energy and goals & assists. Lawrence is none of these things. Get Sterling in the middle as a 6 and shove the two 8's forward.

On top of all that Ridvan looks like he's out (again), Jefte will be suspended for future UEFA games and Hampden is a problem. 

Refs, cheats and injuries aside could anyone imagine Rangers actually scoring a goal?

Barron’s a flaming diamond.

Yilmaz is far too wee.

Lawrence is inexplicable.

Cerny can play a bit but needs a couple of forwards in the middle.

At least McCausland has some idea how to get towards the opposition goal.

Mind the scene in Casablanca when Humphrey Bogart and Captain Renault waltz off into the distance at the end , well that will be Clement and Lawrence in October when the league is lost and we are out of Europe.

They will pop up together somewhere like Halifax or Tranmere in the English league division 2 where they belong , in their beautiful relationship.

Edited by locked ward

11 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

That's the problem.  There aren't any.  I'm old enough to remember 3 or 4 subs.  I'm sure you are old enough to remember 1 or 2 subs. 

We have plenty of subs nowadays.  The problem at Rangers is not the quantity, it's the quality.

Well, naively, I think that there are players in line, no matter how godawful useless they are. So, to put a guy who has been injured and is unlikely (!) to play, -cannot give even 10 minutes of effort- to the front of the queue indicates something untoward. 

Just now, locked ward said:

Mind the scene in Casablanca when Humphrey Bogart and Captain Renault waltz off into the distance at the end , well that will be Clement and Lawrence in October when the league is lost and we are out of Europe.

They will pop up together somewhere like Halifax or Tranmere in the English league division 2 where they belong in their beautiful relationship.

Clement is going nowhere. He just signed a 4 year deal. I find that difficult to understand as I suspect many others do also