[FT] Rangers 2 (Dessers 13'; Cerny 24') - 1 Motherwell

After a positive result on Tuesday night, a good chance to build some momentum with a victory tomorrow at Hampden. Also an opportunity to freshen up the side with the return leg next week. McCausland may retain his place though as he had a good first half v Kyiv.

We're still clearly still well short of reliable options in the squad and I'd imagine the game-time of a few folk like Yilmaz, Sterling, Lawrence and Balogun will still be being managed carefully. Guys like Matondo and Wright need to offer more and mins for Danilo would be a big help too.

GUi_-hjXAAAfP43?format=jpg&name=large

I'd have concerns about Ridvan playing 90 mins 4 times in 2 weeks.

I cant see Cerny starting I would go with McCausland.

Hopefully Sterling is fit for 60 mins and give Baron a rest. 

Cant see Lawrence starting after 2 games in a week so agree Dowell likely to play.

Squad already looking very thin at a very early stage of the season..

The steelmen always seem to give us a hard game think it will be tight so any chances must be taken need to be on our toes just been thinking is this our first :home: league match away from Ibrox in our history 

I cannot really see Clement resting Lawrence, Diomande and Barron, but I for one would just try it. And keep going what we saw in the 2nd half in Lublin, and be somewhat more pro-active against Premiership dross at "home" ...

Butland

Tavernier - Souttar - Balogun - Ridvan

Sterling - Dowell

McCausland - Matondo - Jefte

Dessers

(Before someone spills his tea-biscuits (again), go check where these people have played in their careers.) 

I would expect that either Diomande or Barron (if not both) will play, and Dowell might be ushered into AM (where he has been rather successful) ahead of Lawrence. It remains to be seen whether Clement will replace Tavernier with Sterling, my gut feeling says no. Since we are incapable to play two strikers anymore, Matondo might be used more centrally, or, we do indeed go 4-3-3 with a rather attack-minded left-hand side.

In any case, we have to address our lack of firepower in the middle, and that will not be done by replacing a striker with another.

Ceterum peto ut ratio mutetur!

Edited by der Berliner

Just on Motherwell, their pitch looks immaculate.

Don't let it be said that teams can't afford to, they choose not to.

Looking forward to tomorrow anyways!

Edited by yuddie

Can't see Balogun starting as he'll be held back for Tuesday. That leaves Souttar, Davies and Propper (so perm two from three).

Full backs are nailed on to be Tav and Yilmaz which is a concern as neither have started the season well.

Big decisions for manager to make and he has to get the starting 11 correct. 6 wins from 17 games is a terrible record and 2 games into the season and we are almost at "must win game" territory.