[FT] Dynamo Kyiv 1 - 1 Rangers (Dessers 90+4)

3 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

Its by no means the only issue, but I think this is one of the fundamental issues. Get a #10 who understands, when, how and where to press and it transforms the whole team 

Lawrence and Dessers are quite similar in that they do some stuff okay but overall, I just don't think they're what's required in their respective positions, particularly the way Clement sets the team up.  

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's widely thought that Haaland isn't a very good all-round footballer.  He scores goals, that's it.  He's also City's sole striker.

I think that idea is nonsense tbh, he is extremely athletic, powerful runner. Great pace and holds the ball up far better than Dessers.

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think that idea is nonsense tbh, he is extremely athletic, powerful runner. Great pace and holds the ball up far better than Dessers.

Aye, the idea that he isn't a good footballer is mental. Sure he ain't gonna do 'baller' moves, but his game is all about power, speed and finishing. Gimme all 3 please.

Shame there's hardly any stats from the game last night - I'd be interested to see how the xG matched up tbh.

Headers are low value generally so idk if we would've cracked 2 - Dessers goal would've been pretty high though, we need to do that more.

They chose to shoot from range too and had a tap in so it would be close imo.

Haaland is amongst 40 goals a season because he gets high value chances, put them on a plate for Cyriel and more often than not (I hope?) he'll bury it.

Bore off mate!

28 minutes ago, yuddie said:

put them on a plate for Cyriel and more often than not (I hope?) he'll bury it.

I never expect Dessers to score an easy chance. He prefers to stumble the ball into the net off a post and through a cloud of feet.