[FT] Dynamo Kyiv 1 - 1 Rangers (Dessers 90+4)

Getting away from the Dessers bashing, sorry debate 😀 that's was another Jeckal & Hyde performance and we got away with a draw when the game was there to be one. Only 6 wins in 17 competitive games now.

Whilst the manager deserves criticism for the starting 11, he deserves credit for the substitutions as they all contributed and improved us when they were introduced. 

The goal we lost was amateurish and defensively we still look very shaky. Full back areas remain something that needs address urgently. 

Dessers rescued a draw with a well worked and taken goal. Lawrence and Jefte done well and what a delivery from Cerny (hopefully a sign of what he can offer). 

On to Motherwell who apparently have 6 1st team players out injured and lost 6-0 in a behind closed door game at Everton yesterday. So expect 10men behind the ball and some "fierce" challenges. 

FWIW Dessers is pretty poor in his general play.

Would I sacrifice 5 goals a season from him if it meant he could pin defenders and make it stick?

Aye, probably.

I mentioned on another thread that Prso had a worse strike rate than him but let's be honest, teams wouldn't get out of there half with him as an outlet.

It kills us because we can't sustain pressure.

Man City get away with Haaland playing similarly because they have outstanding players around him.  We don't have that.  

Lawrence, Wright and McCausland were the players supporting him last night and none of them are good enough (although I have hope for McCausland).

That goal showcases a whole sequence of defensive mistakes. 

Yilmaz losses possession, Barron goes in for a tackle when he should stay on his feet, Balogun gets caught in no-man's land, Souttar doesn't cover the front post with Balogun missing and Tavernier doesn't cover the back post. 

If Barron stays on his feet we don't concede. He'll learn.

I think a pressing #10 transforms this side, offensively and defensively. 

I still think a lot of the defensive issues are a result of poor pressing.