[FT] Dynamo Kyiv 1 - 1 Rangers (Dessers 90+4)

22 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

He's the only fit striker we have, which isn't funny.  

He's the only striker I've ever seen who, when in a one on one situation with a goalie, I'm absolutely certain won't score.  

Did you not see the 2 classy finishes against Union Berlin? Listen, if he took all the chances he missed we would be watching Erling Haaland.

9 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Did you not see the 2 classy finishes against Union Berlin? Listen, if he took all the chances he missed we would be watching Erling Haaland.

And he misses his fair share also.

12 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Did you not see the 2 classy finishes against Union Berlin?

I think people who accept Dessers as our No.1 striker are accepting not winning anything.

That's how I see it.  

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think people who accept Dessers as our No.1 striker are accepting not winning anything.

That's how I see it.  

I don't think anyone is accepting him as our No1 striker. We'd all like better quality, but at this time, he's all we've got. 

But there are other areas in the team that need to be improved on before Dessers. 

Full backs, #6, #10, another CB, experienced midfield players.

No doubting we need more striking options given the alternatives to Dessers are a very unfit Danilo (recovering from injury) and Igamane who's anywhere between 4 days and 4 months away (basically.we don't know). 

So sell our only fit striker who's proven to score 20 goals? 

16 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So sell our only fit striker who's proven to score 20 goals? 

I just don't want him as a No.1 striker.  He'd be okay as a back up.

13 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I think some fans have made their minds up on Dessers and no.matter he does from now on, it'll never be enough

We've watched him for a full season.  Is that not a reasonable timescale to judge a player's worth or ability?  He's not a youngster. 

15 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

We've watched him for a full season.  Is that not a reasonable timescale to judge a player's worth or ability?  He's not a youngster. 

Judge him all you want, your assessment (or mine) of his quality and worth to the team won't decide if he is sold or if he's played as our No1 striker. 

Lets look at this another way. I think Ridvan is one of the worst players in our squad (how long has he been here again) - others think is prime Roberto Carlos. 

However, some players like Ridvan aren't allowed to be criticised for some reason - check back to your and others replies to my criticism of him if you don't believe me. 

Tonight Ridvan cost us a goal and Dessers scored a goal - whos getting criticised the most?

Dessers has contributed more in 12 months than Ridvan has in over 2 years - who's getting the most criticism? 

Currently, our team is poorer if Dessers isn't in it - I think that can only really be said of Dessers, Butland, Balogun Barron and Diomande (new signings excluded as we've not seen enough of them). 

8 hours ago, CammyF said:

Tonight Ridvan cost us a goal and Dessers scored a goal - whos getting criticised the most?

Strikers aren't likely to cost many goals and full-backs aren't likely to score many, so that's a strange method of comparison.  Ridvan is also a few years younger than Dessers, so there's time for him to improve.