[FT] Dynamo Kyiv 1 - 1 Rangers (Dessers 90+4)

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

We'll not know how good these players are unless they play. They can't improve us sitting on the bench or worse, still not fit enough to feature for the B Team.

The £1.5M we spent on Igamane seems like a waste when our starting 11 is arguably worse than it was last season. 

So we should just stick them in the team, even if they're not ready?  Or judge them after 0 minutes?  Or only buy players who are immediately ready to start?  And not buy any good prospects?

I'm frustrated by it all but you're being unrealistic.  

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

So we should just stick them in the team, even if they're not ready?  Or judge them after 0 minutes?  Or only buy players who are immediately ready to start?  And not buy any good prospects?

I'm frustrated by it all but you're being unrealistic.  

That we should be ready for the start of a season which includes qualifiers to CL and the financial rewards that offers?

That's unrealistic? 

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

That we should be ready for the start of a season which includes qualifiers to CL and the financial rewards that offers?

That's unrealistic? 

I think it is, in the circumstances.  How do you suggest we should have shifted the deadwood earlier, in order to fund bigger transfers?

Pay them off?  Threaten their families?  

We can't get rid of enough players due to poor decisions made by previous management. 

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

I think it is, in the circumstances.  How do you suggest we should have shifted the deadwood earlier, in order to fund bigger transfers?

Pay them off?  Threaten their families?  

We can't get rid of enough players due to poor decisions made by previous management. 

That doesn't excuse the lack of fitness, lack of structure, lack of playing style....... questionable starting 11s and substations.

Just now, Franc Ergs said:

Kyiv are no great shakes ,Partizan must've been absolutely rank rotten .

Partizan are rubbish just now.  Maybe even worse than I thought, if this lot knocked 6 past them.  

32 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Not naive- we were told this transfer window was 6 months in the planning. We knew when the CL qualifiers were, not a surprise and once again we've been caught short. 

.... like we the support knew who our targets were and whether we did not try to get them.