Deal or No Deal - Transfer Updates

My younger cousin was on the books at Gers but the coach he had was changed to a guy that he didn't get along with. Ended up arguing with him and told him to screw it.

Was with Ross County on loan at one point, didnt want to stay up there in the boonies so left. Went to Ayr United but couldn't be bothered (female got in the way) and now plays at Cumnock Jnrs (and the whole family are Talbot fans... for anyone that knows the rivalry....)

Becoming a professional player takes mental discipline more than anything.

It's very difficult to ignore other things in your life at such a young age and I take my hat off to any of these players that can do both while having the courage to risk their whole life for the sake of the game.

For me I had the choice of education and football. I chose education but I doubt I'd have had the mental discipline to really stick to football anyway. I used to get homesick even in Dundee for pre-season training and there is a lot of pressure on you from coaches/managers etc which required strength.

That's why I've always said Rangers should introduce scholarships and a live-in boarding school for the best young talent. The amount we must lose because of social or life issues must be huge.

Guest adamski

That's why I've always said Rangers should introduce scholarships and a live-in boarding school for the best young talent. The amount we must lose because of social or life issues must be huge.

look at the expediture just to keep John Fleck away from 'influences'

another thing that your average supporter probably doesn't twig - most of the lads who get within touching distance of being a full pro, are fed up to the back teeth of playing 3-4 games a week, a lot of the time enduring a lot of pressure from those they are relying on to help them

I can see why so many who are standouts at 14 -17, are pissing about in part time/junior football at 21, when with a different influence, may just have had that extra encouragement to push on at the crucial time and make it at senior level

fella I played in 3 separate teams with, played like Gascoigne but with a smoother gait, chucked it at 17 after battering his manager who'd been laying pressure on him too thick, after he'd backed out of trials at Dundee and Hearts to take a training stint at Rangers

never kicked a ball again

I used to get homesick even in Dundee for pre-season training .

Sorry but i had to chuckle at that, i dont think we could blame you, i think everyone gets homesick in Dundee :D

But werent you a bit of a decent keeper Frankie??