Deal or No Deal - Transfer Updates

ian1964 that posts on this forum was also a great player - but he's a bit older than me....

I used to watch him play footy for Tranent juniors as a wee boy, he scored for fun. :notworthy:

To be honest I only went for the free pies as me mam worked on food stall :rolleyes:

Gaun the midfielders ye mean Frankie!

Closest I came to anywhere near pro-football was going for a trial at Motherwell and injuring my knee at the trial. I remember thinking at the time it was bad but wouldn't be serious. I was wrong!

I can play 5s now but sometimes the pain gets to severe to play for the full hour.

I reckon I'd have been at Arsenal by now.

Guest adamski

seeing as we're relaying our tales of woe :D........

was asked to go along and train with the gers SABC under 11s up at castlemilk, despite being the height of shite :D

rattled 4 past their giant of a keeper and got asked to join them for a tournament in blackpool the following week as centre forward :D

couldn't go as I was going on holiday - never went back as my old man couldn't take me up to Castlemilk each friday evening, and he didn't fancy a 10 year old wandering around in a rangers trackie

I'm a better full back as well..............

I could have been Alan hutton fux sake :(

Gribz says he played with some Dun Utd player when they were younger and he was average. Seems you just need to be lucky and play a few good games when needed.

Seemed to work for Chris Burke.

Same applied with Gary Holt. He played in the same team as me at Killie boys club and he was decent but only average. Had a good engine but that was about it.

Ended up being capped ten times.