Deal or No Deal - Transfer Updates

Cheeky bugger...! I've just turned 31... :D

My caps were in 1991 and 1992. I played against England in the Victory Shield at Ibrox - defeated 0-1 by England (Philip Neville scored) although I did win man of the match - not that you'd know it from the coverage on Sportscene that night.

Also played against France, Italy, Russia, Czech Republic, USA, Cameroon and more...

:)

Cheeky bugger...! I've just turned 31... :D

My caps were in 1991 and 1992. I played against England in the Victory Shield at Ibrox - defeated 0-1 by England (Philip Neville scored) although I did win man of the match - not that you'd know it from the coverage on Sportscene that night.

Also played against France, Italy, Russia, Czech Republic, USA, Cameroon and more...

Bit of a dark horse Frankie ! What happened ?

Sounds like you had a very successful if not brief wee career there Frankie. I hope you weren't marking Neville when he scored? HAs any of your opponents you played against back then went onto bigger and better things with the exception of Phil Neville?

I put my education before my footballing career and not many teams like that - they don't offer time out for college/uni courses then like they do now. But booze, women, injuries and eyesight issues ended my career in my mid 20s at Junior level.

I was a goalie for what it's worth. There were no real stars in our national side other than Stevie Boyack (former Hearts/Rangers), Garry Brady (played against us on Saturday) and Scott Wilson (former Rangers).

Danny Murphy (Liverpool/Fulham) also played that night and I played against players like Thierry Henry, Mauro Camoranesi and Rigobert Song.

At the time I kept some of the programmes but not all of them so there are probably a lot more bigger names than I can remember.

I played in the same team as Gary Holt...... hahaha - I played county football when a kid - played in goal too Frankie..... my career was blighted at age 13 though when I realised I would never be taller than 5ft 6 !

Thierry Henry eh? Nice one. Obviously he was good but did you see him as a potential world beater like he is at present?

We played France at Stark's Park (Raith Rovers' ground) and all I can remember from that night (it was the last game of the season for most of the squad) was the two strikers for France being different class.

One (I don't know which) was really quick and hit the bar with a shot hit so hard I can remember hardly even seeing the ball.

We managed to draw 2-2 but they were the best team I played against in my 'international career'.