Down from SKY's satellites, the message came:

They are no better, they are much the same....

And that (with apologies to Alfred Austin) is that. 

Edited by Uilleam

I still don’t like this line up playing one up front get two up top better still get rid of Cantwell and Hagi and buy Shankland at least he has some mobility unlike Dessers who in my opinion is a big lazy #&*)/+d

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

We're trying to.  

We've been trying to punt 2 thirds of the squad for the whole window.

Everyone's for sale as it stands apart from new signings.

Hagi

Lawrence

Cantwell

Tav

Dessers

Davies

Wright

Dowell

Matondo

I think all on here would be okay with seeing those go.

If we do even half of that list then we've done more than I'd expect.

The seller is willing. Buyers can’t be found. Those who can afford the goods can pay for much better. Those who might be willing to take them can’t afford them. The goods themselves are a bit picky about where they go.

Just now, Scott7 said:

The seller is willing. Buyers can’t be found. Those who can afford the goods can pay for much better. Those who might be willing to take them can’t afford them. The goods themselves are a bit picky about where they go.

The issue for us is that buyers will come at the last minute for some of those, by which point we're either scrambling around, or left short.

The sellers can be willing and even with buyers found, players don't need to move.

As far as I'm aware only Cantwell has expressed a desire to leave. Hagi is in a state of flux and whilst we've received a bid for Tav it didn't meet our / Tavs evaluation / satisfaction. 

Hopefully some movement in the weeks ahead but I'd like to think the managers and players are 100% focused on  tomorrow's game.