1 hour ago, CammyF said:

That'll be hard, we don't play in the Lowland League anymore. 

Maybe we should concentrate and get tough on the players who no longer want to play for the club 🤔 

Davies isn't good enough and he certainly isn't alone in that category but it's extremely difficult to move contracted players on (we require a buyer and a willingness to leave).

Agree with Igamane - I hope the lad becomes a star but given our financial state was it wise spending £1.5M on a player who hasn't been seen since the day he signed? As a consequence we go into the season with 1 fit striker. 

I'm hoping our scouting Intel suggests that Igamane was worth the 1.5 outlay. If we can move him on for more money in the future then it will look like a shrewd move. Clement has suggested such in some recent interviews retarding transfers. Obviously this is all dependent on him doing well. 

14 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I'm hoping our scouting Intel suggests that Igamane was worth the 1.5 outlay. If we can move him on for more money in the future then it will look like a shrewd move. Clement has suggested such in some recent interviews retarding transfers. Obviously this is all dependent on him doing well. 

Yeah not questioning that, it's just we have purchased him, he isn't fit (or ready to start games) and we are short of strikers and midfield players. 

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Yeah not questioning that, it's just we have purchased him, he isn't fit (or ready to start games) and we are short of strikers and midfield players. 

I get that but he was carrying an injury so hopefully he'll be available soon. His inclusion in the first Euro squad suggests that this may be the case as we can make changes further down the line. 

5 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I get that but he was carrying an injury so hopefully he'll be available soon. His inclusion in the first Euro squad suggests that this may be the case as we can make changes further down the line. 

Taken from Heart and Hand - depends on how we define "soon" and if minutes are with B Team or 1st Team.

Phillippe Clement on Hamza Igamane

“Again I have spoke about this, he is not ready for this training level. I could play him tomorrow but if he breaks down it’s no use

He is building up on a 1-1 basis but he hasn’t trained at this level. We will get him minutes soon”

If we going to persist with 2 wide men up front as we did yesterday then they’ve got to contribute a lot more than Cortes, Wright did and also Cerny and Matondo when they came on. I’m still convinced Hagi on the RHS MF is our best option just now

Lifted from FF:

I know it's a new season and that, but this record is embarrassing, and not surprising to see it continue given it's the exact same team we are putting out

Motherwell (LG) L
Benfica (EL) D
Hibs (SC) W
Benfica (EL) L
Hibs (LG) W
Celtic (LG) D
Ross County (LG) L
Dundee (LG) D
Hearts (SC) W
St Mirren (LG) W
Kilmarnock (LG) W
Celtic (LG) L
Dundee (LG) W
Hearts (LG) D
Celtic (SC) L
Hearts (LG) D

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

Taken from Heart and Hand - depends on how we define "soon" and if minutes are with B Team or 1st Team.

Phillippe Clement on Hamza Igamane

“Again I have spoke about this, he is not ready for this training level. I could play him tomorrow but if he breaks down it’s no use

He is building up on a 1-1 basis but he hasn’t trained at this level. We will get him minutes soon”

Yeah, I read it as being a fitness issue and not an injury. 

I'm not sure, though.