1 minute ago, yuddie said:

He did say it would take awhile for the players to get used to the automatisms.

Wouldn't mind him having a sit down with Barrie or one of the tactical lads at H&H and going into detail (as much as he can) about this process and what it involves.

That's the most worrying aspect for me. Given the time Clement has been here, there is no hint of what our playing style is. 

The quality of the players within the system can always be questioned / improved upon, but we need a system first and foremost. 

3 minutes ago, yuddie said:

He did say it would take awhile for the players to get used to the automatisms.

Wouldn't mind him having a sit down with Barrie or one of the tactical lads at H&H and going into detail (as much as he can) about this process and what it involves.

My ears did prick up at automatisms. Interesting. You can sort of see it, but they're still quite out of sync. 

I'm always wary of managers speaking too in depth of their tactics. It feels like they're giving away state secrets. I would like to hear about his main principles, though. 

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

That's the most worrying aspect for me. Given the time Clement has been here, there is no hint of what our playing style is. 

The quality of the players within the system can always be questioned / improved upon, but we need a system first and foremost. 

Let's be honest though, it wasn't until Ange got a war chest in the January transfer window when we saw his style of play come to fruition.

If we spend even half of what he spent in his first 2 seasons over the next 2 then our squad will look drastically different.

As is we'll have to sit tight until then, can't really advise anything else other than backing the manager until he gets his own team.

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

My ears did prick up at automatisms. Interesting. You can sort of see it, but they're still quite out of sync. 

I'm always wary of managers speaking too in depth of their tactics. It feels like they're giving away state secrets. I would like to hear about his main principles, though. 

To a far greater extent when Guardiola first went to Bayern the players were going home and screaming into their pillow for the first 6 months because they just couldn't grasp it.

When they did they pissed the league.

Now I'm not saying we'll do that, but here's hoping.

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Going by the context of the question and the answer, he clearly means experience.

Clement definitely thinks we need experience in that position: we've tried to sign - if reports are to be believed - McLean and Jordan. 

I'm not jumping to his defence per se; I'm merely pointing out that you've drawn a conclusion that disregard a lot of the context of the Q&A. 

People can now draw their own conclusions from the full quote, which I transcribed. 

I've not drawn any conclusion, I've agreed with Clement, we did miss Lundstrum today. 

I'm not the one trying to justify what he meant when he mentioned Lundstrum and never mentioned experience. 

I'd argue its not experience we need, it's quality. If a player has both, we've own a watch. 

As an example, I'd rather have Barry Ferguson in Advocasts 1st session (inexperienced) over John Lundstrum. I'd rather have Steve Davis over John Lundstrum (quality and experience). 

None of the above negates the fact that me missed Lundstrum today. 

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I've not drawn any conclusion, I've agreed with Clement, we did miss Lundstrum today. 

I'm not the one trying to justify what he meant when he mentioned Lundstrum and never mentioned experience. 

I'd argue its not experience we need, it's quality. If a player has both, we've own a watch. 

As an example, I'd rather have Barry Ferguson in Advocasts 1st session (inexperienced) over John Lundstrum. I'd rather have Steve Davis over John Lundstrum (quality and experience). 

gold digging GIF by Copeland

4 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Let's be honest though, it wasn't until Ange got a war chest in the January transfer window when we saw his style of play come to fruition.

If we spend even half of what he spent in his first 2 seasons over the next 2 then our squad will look drastically different.

As is we'll have to sit tight until then, can't really advise anything else other than backing the manager until he gets his own team.

We can have a style or a template for playing the game without spending money. It may not be successful,  but the system needs to come first. 

We've not seen a style or system since Clement took over. We are slow, pedestrian, ponderous and don't have any shape. 

24 minutes ago, CammyF said:

We might have missed the Lundstrum we had in his first couple of seasons at Rangers but not the Lundstrum from last season