It's open to interpretation but I think it's fairly obvious what Clement meant, having read Rousseau's post with the full question and answer.  

Clement does often say quite odd things but I think he's maybe a bit eccentric and English is also his second language, so it's maybe difficult for him to make his point sometimes. 

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Clement and has staff have been here long enough to be / take responsibility for players fitness (or lack off). 

We've not got rid of much of the rubbish, most moved on as their contracts have expired. We've only moved Goldson who I'd say is better than Souttar, Davies and Ballogun and Lammers. 

We have two possible #10s refusing to play for the.club or not welcome to play (whatever way you want to put it) and both on a hefty wage. If they aren't moved on, we have two unhappy players on our hands sitting doing nothing and getting paid handsomely. 

We now have 3 players injured, Raskin out for a while, Sterling hopefully fit soon and Cortes unknown. 

We spent £1.5M on a striker who is as far as I know not even training with the squad as he was signed with an injury. Meaning we have 1 fit striker. I know and understand he is one for the future but wouldn't that money have been better spent on a striker who is fit and would be able to contribute? This would have allowed us to move on Dessers or Danilo.

If Jefte isn't deemed a better option than Ridvan then he shouldn't have been signed. 

This was never going to be fixed in one window, but as yet, we are weaker (or on par) as we were last season. 

Given we are into the season is unforgivable 

I wanted more from our fitness, but Clement has been quite clear it'll take time. I need to trust him with that. 

The next bit is sementics. We've cleared a lot of the deadwood, whether moved on or released, or let contracts expire. It's a very good start. It's freed up a lot of wages. 

We've not strengthened the first team. I just said that. 

Unforgivable? Okay. I don't know what that means. 

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

'[To] lead the team out of midfield'. 

This is stupid. 

So you have to be experienced to lead the team out of midfield? Utter nonsense, how experienced was Barry Ferguson when he led our midfield? You just need to have quality. 

You're right it is stupid and you know Clement was correct, we did miss Lundstram today and we'll continue to miss him until we sign a quality holding midfielder. 

Diomande and Barron did well today but neither of them are a #6. 

I originally posted the comment as I knew people who jump to his defence (rightly or wrongly). Now imagine the difference if Tav had said the exact same thing. 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

I wanted more from our fitness, but Clement has been quite clear it'll take time. I need to trust him with that. 

I do find the fitness thing quite concerning.  These are professional athletes, surely it only takes a few weeks/matches to get them to peak fitness.  Clement has had more than half a season and a full pre-season, so I don't buy the excuses about previous managers.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Now imagine the difference if Tav had said the exact same thing. 

Your need to post about Tav and/or Ridvan constantly is strange.  

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Your need to post about Tav and/or Ridvan constantly is strange.  

I don't understand, I used Tav as an example, OK change Tav to say Lawrence, and my point stands.

As for Ridvan, am I not allowed an opinion? It's OK for other posters to constantly post negative comments on Tav, Lawrence, Davies, Dessers etc, but I get pulled for saying anything bad about Ridvan. 

My last mention of Ridvan was a comment on Jefte. If we are signing players who aren't better than those currently here, we're fcuked. 

Edited by CammyF

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

My last mention of Ridvan was a comment on Jefte. If we are signing players who aren't better than those currently here, we're fcuked. 

Fair point.  

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I do find the fitness thing quite concerning.  These are professional athletes, surely it only takes a few weeks/matches to get them to peak fitness.  Clement has had more than half a season and a full pre-season, so I don't buy the excuses about previous managers.

It suggests something structurally wrong. 

You're correct, though - maybe I'm just naive in trusting him. 

He did say it would take awhile for the players to get used to the automatisms.

Wouldn't mind him having a sit down with Barrie or one of the tactical lads at H&H and going into detail (as much as he can) about this process and what it involves.

20 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So you have to be experienced to lead the team out of midfield? Utter nonsense, how experienced was Barry Ferguson when he led our midfield? You just need to have quality. 

You're right it is stupid and you know Clement was correct, we did miss Lundstram today and we'll continue to miss him until we sign a quality holding midfielder. 

Diomande and Barron did well today but neither of them are a #6. 

I originally posted the comment as I knew people who jump to his defence (rightly or wrongly). Now imagine the difference if Tav had said the exact same thing. 

Going by the context of the question and the answer, he clearly means experience.

Clement definitely thinks we need experience in that position: we've tried to sign - if reports are to be believed - McLean and Jordan. 

I'm not jumping to his defence per se; I'm merely pointing out that you've drawn a conclusion that disregard a lot of the context of the Q&A. 

People can now draw their own conclusions from the full quote, which I transcribed.