1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Murrayfield, East Berlin, Gorgie - spot the odd one out. I go for Murrayfield - refined, elegant- the other two bloody dangerous.

Long, long time since I’ve been in Murrayfield right enough.

North Central Edinburgh, South East Berlin, East Central Edinburgh ... 

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

the other two bloody dangerous

I stayed in Gorgie for a few years and never had any problems there.  Some good pubs too.  

My son and I wandered up a random street near Union Berlin's stadium and witnessed several bikers and two vans full of skinheads going into a back entrance, which caused us some predictable amusement (Fourth Reich gathering, perhaps?).  Other than that, it seemed like a nice area.  

Hopefully our defending is better in Gorgie than it was last Saturday. 

Edited by Gonzo79

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

North Central Edinburgh, South East Berlin, East Central Edinburgh

NC Edinburgh? In my day it was mostly lawyers who lived there. Dangerous blighters right enough.

31 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

NC Edinburgh? In my day it was mostly lawyers who lived there. Dangerous blighters right enough.

North Central Edinburgh is more like Stockbridge/Silvermills than Murrayfield.  

Speaking of that area, the original plan for Edinburgh's new town was for it to be built in the shape of a Union Flag.  Unfortunately, that proved too complex/costly but it's still a magnificent area, from an architectural point of view.  

Edited by Gonzo79

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

North Central Edinburgh is more like Stockbridge/Silvermills than Murrayfield. 

I always reckoned Murrayfield was west Edinburgh.

My late lamented brother-in-law got a big promotion from Glasgow to Head Office in Edinburgh. My sister would only contemplate buying in Corstorphine being convenient for the ‘bus to Glasgow. They settled for Linlithgow in the end.

16 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

My sister would only contemplate buying in Corstorphine being convenient for the ‘bus to Glasgow.

Sensible.  

Super Freak Flirting GIF by Rick James

Can't just be me waking up at 6 on a Saturday wondering why I'm up so early then clocking it's the Rangers at 12.30.

Sad bastard!

C'mon lads, good win today please.

So its matchday and the new season is finally here. It'll be a rocky road to May and it'll either be a rocky road to success or failure. 

As always my heart says success, but my head says failure. Either way, strap yourselves in folks, here we go again.