22 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Accrington Stanley, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Burnley, Derby County, Everton, Notts County, Preston North End, Stoke, West Bromwich Albion and Wolverhampton Wanderers were the founding members of the Football League so you are right Everton/Villa is the only top flight fixture.

Heavily concentrated in the north west and the midlands. No southern softies.

I looked up the opening day matches. Villa drew 1-1 at Wolves. Everton best Accrington 2-1 at a place called Anfield.

Yes Anfield used to be the home of the toffees 

8 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Accrington Stanley, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Burnley, Derby County, Everton, Notts County, Preston North End, Stoke, West Bromwich Albion and Wolverhampton Wanderers were the founding members of the Football League so you are right Everton/Villa is the only top flight fixture.

Heavily concentrated in the north west and the midlands. No southern softies.

I looked up the opening day matches. Villa drew 1-1 at Wolves. Everton best Accrington 2-1 at a place called Anfield.

I should have thrown Bolton in. But its interesting. Most of those sides yo-yo through the leagues. Only Everton have been top flight since start of the Premier League and Im not sure if they have ever been relegated, will need to check that. 

North London Derby was a good ugly match, if it had finished 0-0 it would have been fair. I think if Romero complained about the push then VAR would have chopped it off. 

But Spurs have a some problems, they were so poor in the final third. Johnson is a good winger but no end product and Solanke looked out of his depth. 

At least my 2-1 Newcastle prediction finished off a poor weekend of predictions. 

5 hours ago, Gribz said:

At least my 2-1 Newcastle prediction finished off a poor weekend of predictions.

I endorsed your predictions. What do we know, eh?

Everton have been relegated twice. Last time was 1950/51. 

Lets see if last week was just an off day. 

Villa will be favourites in the midland derby but will they have a Euro hangover? Huge games at Leicester and Southampton. Plus big pressure on Spurs.

For the biggy on Sunday I dont see Arsenal going there and attacking. Their defence has been immense but this might be the game where they have a slip up and Haaland bags another hattrick. 

West Ham 2-1 Chelsea

Aston Villa 2-0 Wolves

Fulham 1-1 Newcastle

Leicester 1-0 Everton

Liverpool 2-0 Bournemouth

Southampton 0-0 Ipswich

Tottenham 2-1 Brentford

Crystal Palace 2-2 Man Utd

Brighton 1-1 Nottingham Forest

Man City 3-1 Arsenal

West Ham were seriously poor and the players arent playing for Lopetegui at all. Liverpool, Chelsea and Brighton all with new managers and have an identity so early days is no excuse. 

5 out 8 predictions isnt a bad comeback from last week. 

1 hour ago, compo said:

Again the toffees can't hold on to a lead 

They are in trouble. 1 point from 5 games taken from a promoted side! 

Villa had the Euro hangover in the first half and for the second game in a row they have came from behind at home and left it late. 

1 hour ago, Gribz said:

They are in trouble. 1 point from 5 games taken from a promoted side! 

Villa had the Euro hangover in the first half and for the second game in a row they have came from behind at home and left it late. 

I think that's three games now were they have had the lead only to either lose or draw they can't sack Dyche because the owner  doesn't   want to pay the compensation 

On 21/09/2024 at 05:10, Gribz said:

Lets see if last week was just an off day. 

Villa will be favourites in the midland derby but will they have a Euro hangover? Huge games at Leicester and Southampton. Plus big pressure on Spurs.

For the biggy on Sunday I dont see Arsenal going there and attacking. Their defence has been immense but this might be the game where they have a slip up and Haaland bags another hattrick. 

West Ham 2-1 Chelsea

Aston Villa 2-0 Wolves

Fulham 1-1 Newcastle

Leicester 1-0 Everton

Liverpool 2-0 Bournemouth

Southampton 0-0 Ipswich

Tottenham 2-1 Brentford

Crystal Palace 2-2 Man Utd

Brighton 1-1 Nottingham Forest

Man City 3-1 Arsenal

Hmmm!