7 hours ago, compo said:

I think that game today between Villa and the toffees is the oldest fixture in English football

Top flight maybe? Id have guessed Notts County, Burnley or Preston would be involved in the oldest fixture of some sort. 

Anyway, poor days predictions. Ipswich and Leicester both getting away points and Leicester will feel like thats a defeat. 

Forest winning at Anfield plus Brentford could have been 3 up early on. 

Everton though, cant be giving away 2-0 leads every week. I still think they will stay up, they will beat teams around them. 

Hammers leaving it very late, I wasnt convinced by Lopetegui coming in and so far be is Moyes 2.0 with his selections - Kudus on the left when he is awesome in a more central role or the right, continuing to play Soucek and Antonio is poor. 

15 hours ago, Gribz said:

Top flight maybe? Id have guessed Notts County, Burnley or Preston would be involved in the oldest fixture of some sort.

Accrington Stanley, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Burnley, Derby County, Everton, Notts County, Preston North End, Stoke, West Bromwich Albion and Wolverhampton Wanderers were the founding members of the Football League so you are right Everton/Villa is the only top flight fixture.

Heavily concentrated in the north west and the midlands. No southern softies.

I looked up the opening day matches. Villa drew 1-1 at Wolves. Everton best Accrington 2-1 at a place called Anfield.