1 hour ago, buster. said:

Dortmund were simply stronger, faster, better technically and tactically. Nothing to do with referring.

Expectation levels amongst their fans was high, so this has brought them down with a heavy thud. Will be interesting to see how the players react at the Ross County.

I'm sure they drew up in Inverness after a prior 7 goal CL scudding.

Fingers crossed 

12 minutes ago, Idisi said:

Dortmund won the European Cup Winners Cup in 65/66 beating West Ham in the semis and Liverpool in the Final.

Defending the trophy in the following season, they got a first round bye then Rangers put them out in the second round.

Dortmund didn't qualify for European football again until 82/83 season. In the UEFA cup first round, they were once again drawn to play Rangers. Once again, Rangers put them out.

Their next season in Europe was 87/88. Another visit to Scotland in the first round. However this time they managed to win the tie, against Celtic.

11 hours ago, compo said:

I see Jurgen Klopp’s retirement is coming to an end he’s going to be Red Bulls face of soccer 

Slightly surprising role, I cant see him lasting too long in it. Seems like a position has just been created and more of a commercial thing. Does he really want to be advising in the MLS and Austrian league? Perhaps just a payday until the German job comes up as this new job has a clause where he can leave for that job. 

But how boring is this international break! Its ridiculous. The nations league has to be scrapped or changed. FIFA should not allow clubs to enter the WC through this back door - it should only be qualification through the WC qualifiers only. If UEFA want to mess around with the Euro qualifiers and allow Nations league countries that way then so be it as its a UEFA competition. That way the Nations league should be played every couple of years instead. The WC qualifiers start in March so these 3 international breaks are a complete waste of time. 

19 hours ago, compo said:

English caretaker manager didn’t do his job prospects any good with that result 

Yeah it was a case of trying to hard to impress. Plus he is too honest and a bit scared of the media.

There is a huge difference with other countries and what England are doing. France in the 90s ripped everything up as they hadnt won anything bar the Euro 84 (i think). I remember being at school and discussing with my mates saying they must have some team if Ginola and Cantona couldnt get a game - then in Euro 96 they were poor but after that they were awesome - and since the WC 98 and Euro 2000 wins they have still been a powerhouse reaching WC finals in 2006, 2018 (won), 2022 plus Euro 2016. 

Spain thought they were the biggest under achievers in world football in the 2000s and then grew into themselves scooping everything from 2008-2012. They had a dry patch but are on it again and were miles ahead of everyone else this year. There system is already in place with their manager coming through from U21s to the first team. Where as England stumbled across Southgate who is a Director of Football at best and wasnt even a contender for the job before the Allardyce scenario. He took them to Semi's and Finals with draws he couldnt have handpicked kinder and was always falling short with his tactics - now they think Carsley is in the line for promotion just because its what Spain did (well planned) despite never managed at top flight club level and only dealing with U21 players rather than full time players from top clubs - the step up is massive.