23 hours ago, compo said:

Another persons salary is nothing to do with anyone 

No, but it is a pretty good measure of future and present effort. 

19 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I’m guessing zero, didn’t think he was taking a wage.

Yeah that's what I thought too. 

Do we really need charity at the highest leadership position in the  organization? 

What kinda ass is that man gonna put into makin this better when he is workin for free? 

Ask yourself, FREE V. Gettin PAID...how hard you workin for each? 

I mean, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see that shit.

What this club IS, like I said BEFORE is a charity for the boys down at the country club.

A duty of title and position. 

It smells like it, looks like it, and is run like it. 

Well, it's temporary, he's covering the position while we recruit a replacement.

It's also quite normal for directors to 'work' on behalf of their clubs, even non-execs. For someone like Bennett, an already wealthy man, this isn't a job in the normal sense. Being a director of a football club you've supported your entire life is very different from being a director of a standard commercial organisation. I think it's fair to question Bennett's ability, it's a far from ideal scenario, but under the circumstances I'm not sure there was a better option. Questioning his dedication is unfair I feel.

If he's still doing the job in a few months time then questions need asked. 

Edited by JohnMc

On 30/07/2024 at 16:35, Malangsob said:

Anyone know Bennett’s salary?

A very rough guide (Douglas Park still around for best part of year).

(All) Directors emoluments (no breakdown )totaled £1,258,511 for the year ending 30th June 2023.

12 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Well, it's temporary, he's covering the position while we recruit a replacement.

It's also quite normal for directors to 'work' on behalf of their clubs, even non-execs. For someone like Bennett, an already wealthy man, this isn't a job in the normal sense. Being a director of a football club you've supported your entire life is very different from being a director of a standard commercial organisation. I think it's fair to question Bennett's ability, it's a far from ideal scenario, but under the circumstances I'm not sure there was a better option. Questioning his dedication is unfair I feel.

If he's still doing the job in a few months time then questions need asked. 

John Bennet's problem is communication - say what you mean, mean what you say.

His dedication is not in question. I suspect he knows he has an issue with communication because we did not hear from him for a period just in excess of 18 months. When he did speak, he exhibited a lack of confidence. There was a halting insecurity, interrupted by recoveries littered with repetition and, a loss of foresight to consequences. Saying Rangers have been in difficulties before but did not fold was every Sub-Editors dream, he wrote their desired headlines.

He recognises his communication problem, why has he not engaged with someone to do his presentation? I worked with a number of General officers who knew what they wanted but could not articulate their desires clearly. They knew it and brought in a Chief of Staff who could present the plan.

6 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

John Bennet's problem is communication - say what you mean, mean what you say.

His dedication is not in question. I suspect he knows he has an issue with communication because we did not hear from him for a period just in excess of 18 months. When he did speak, he exhibited a lack of confidence. There was a halting insecurity, interrupted by recoveries littered with repetition and, a loss of foresight to consequences. Saying Rangers have been in difficulties before but did not fold was every Sub-Editors dream, he wrote their desired headlines.

He recognises his communication problem, why has he not engaged with someone to do his presentation? I worked with a number of General officers who knew what they wanted but could not articulate their desires clearly. They knew it and brought in a Chief of Staff who could present the plan.

It goes beyond communication. 

Whilst he has a handle on what is wrong and what needs doing. He is simply not the man to take charge and get things done. He hasn't got it in him.

It is an extremely challenging situation and no-one will find it straight forward.

30 minutes ago, buster. said:

It goes beyond communication. 

Whilst he has a handle on what is wrong and what needs doing. He is simply not the man to take charge and get things done. He hasn't got it in him.

It is an extremely challenging situation and no-one will find it straight forward.

We need a high profile, top drawer CEO from somewhere with good communicative skills to deal with the day to day business at the club. Stewart Robertson was out of his depth. 

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

We need a high profile, top drawer CEO from somewhere with good communicative skills to deal with the day to day business at the club. Stewart Robertson was out of his depth. 

What about a Mo Johnston type of signing.

Peter Lawwell 😂

Nobody likes him, he doesn't care. Supporters want signings, he doesn't give a f**k, he does what is best for the business.

He has, over a long period, sorted out a business and brought stability throughout the club.

At Ibrox, we have done the polar opposite and that is why we are where we are.

A lot of wishy washy incompetence since the spiv era (2011-2015) and the creative financial dogs dinner that went before it.

A young David Holmes could be the man.

Edited by buster.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

What about a Mo Johnston type of signing.

Peter Lawwell 😂

Nobody likes him, he doesn't care. Supporters want signings, he doesn't give a f**k, he does what is best for the business.

He has, over a long period, sorted out a business and brought stability throughout the club.

At Ibrox, we have done the polar opposite and that is why we are where we are.

A lot of wishy washy incompetence since the spiv era (2011-2015) and financial dogs dinner that went before it.

A young David Holmes could be the man.

And that there is the uncomfortable truth. 

Liewell has had an easy time of it. That is the problem.

After King & T3B took over Id have reinstated Graham Wallace who was at odds with the old board before he left