We must be up there for the UK gold award to worst consistent overall management of a football club in the 21st century. Perhaps, Sunderland for the silver medal.

Bennett has been successful in his field but is currently out of his depth. It is a gig that is becoming increasingly difficult and it'll take brave leadership to turn the ship around.

With regard to reacting to the bad news (3 very slow boats from China), he mentions "...implement, contingency...".....Then he goes on about what he wanted from that moment...... There was no f**king contingency, Mr. Chairman.

Own it and explain why not.

He goes on about the financial situation as if he is joining the club today.

This won't end well unless we change the habits of several decades and the words of John Bennett might as well be previous incumbents talking a good game about implementing the player trading model or various moonbeams.

Non leadership

pish and wind

Edited by buster.

25 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Management speak is just generic 'please the listener' and 'avoid being confrontational or controversial' bingo nowadays.  

Expecting honesty, including admissions of guilt, will only lead to disappointment. 

Of course but that doesn't mean we should stand back and ignore inconsistent waffle about player trading.

The situation at the club really worries me. We're moving towards really difficult times at pace and we're hardly sitting comfortably right now.

3 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Of course but that doesn't mean we should stand back and ignore inconsistent waffle about player trading.

I would like people to try standing back and ignoring inconsistent waffle about player trading.

The only reason that they ever discuss these things in public is to placate certain fans.

It is all meaningless.

At the end of the day, the only thing that will make the board sit up and take notice is fans voting with their feet.  They've made it clear they're not too fussed about our thoughts on goings on at the club (the one exception being the Sydney debacle).

One could write the word "onmishambles" 1,000,000 times on Gersnet but it won't make the slightest bit of difference to anything the board do.

Edited by Gonzo79

29 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I would like people to try standing back and ignoring inconsistent waffle about player trading.

The only reason that they ever discuss these things in public is to placate certain fans.

It is all meaningless.

You're very welcome to accept Celtic disappearing into the distance. I'd rather challenge that.

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

At the end of the day, the only thing that will make the board sit up and take notice is fans voting with their feet.  They've made it clear they're not too fussed about our thoughts on goings on at the club (the one exception being the Sydney debacle).

One could write the word "onmishambles" 1,000,000 times on Gersnet but it won't make the slightest bit of difference to anything the board do.

One could repeatedly, pathetically and  indirectly snipe at another poster on Gersnet and all it would do, would be to reflect on a different omnishambles altogether 😂

You sniped repeatedly, when, a year and more ago, I posted on our terrible signing policy of outside bets, lack of good communication, expectation levels, economic woes and general direction.

Turns out, I was right.

It wasn't difficult to see and those in charge would have seen it up close. But they charged down the same old path regardless. Bennett talks about radically changing direction but he hasn't got it in him to carry it through. Not many have. 

We will have to go lower before general expectation levels get to a place that allow it to happen. That would come with the real risk of a drop off in support.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

You sniped repeatedly, when, a year and more ago, I posted on our terrible signing policy of outside bets, lack of good communication, expectation levels, economic woes and general direction.

Turns out, I was right.

Yes and not one of those posts has changed anything at all, which proves my point about the futility of whining endlessly on a forum.