If it's rumours yese want...

3 hours ago, rbr said:

Its literally the definition of insanity to keep doing the same things and expect a different outcome .

Like it or lump it we need to give Clement and Koppen time to sort out this boards mess , they should have backed Gerrard they didnt , they should have backed Van Bronckhurst with the players he wanted they didnt , they then allowed Beale to go Rogue , we are now coming to see the end of this , we need to back him , we need another central mid , and a striker as well as a proper center half .

While agree to most of this, would the appropriate question not be: Can they actually back the (respective) gaffer? (Both in terms of having/investing money and "financial fair-play".)

In the here and now, it looks very much that Clement will / may only get all the money we rake in from "transfers out", which may very well be a significant sum?

Generally ...

And, at the end of the day, injuries and freak-refereeing/VARing aside, we pulled them back to one point last season, only to throw it away in 2 weeks. And "it" refers to direct CL qualification and the money that comes with it, without playing a single CL game. Any gaffer has to deliver, and neither of them changed the team in a way that wrought success - i.e. we just toiled along with 4-2-3-1 against any team out there. It beggars belief that people can be so blind/stubborn ...

18 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

after HMRC the next biggest creditor IIRC was ticketus £27m but I think the contract with them was terminated by Green & they pursued whyte?

Looks as if Ticketus got back around £1.6m :ffs:

If the manager is unhappy with the support he received then can someone explain what he perhaps thought he was getting into?

On the park we were an absolute shambles not seen since Murty days. We were bad under Gio but it was clear the players had chucked it for a while. With Beale it was more a case of no one knew what they were supposed to be doing.

Finances for transfers? We haven’t really spent any money of note any season since we came back up, even after taking in about 30 million for Bassey and Aribo we spent around half. Then qualified for the CL and the supposed ‘pot of gold’ that comes with it only to not bring anyone else in much to Gio and the support’s frustrations.

Board level? Well it’s been a litany of litigation failures, court loses, musical chairs in the board room, major shareholder fallouts. Fan group fallouts. Guys wanting to run a football club but not be seen as a public leader since King left.

A rookie manager given free reign to waste an entire summer of funds on guys he signed on football manager 6 years ago with no overall strategy being defined by a then in place DOF who soon left but wasn’t replaced for quite some time. 

If clement was expecting something different I would ask of him and his agent, have you done your due diligence and research on this role? I always do before I take a job. It’s not quite the same thing but I’d argue just as important.

On 28/07/2024 at 01:39, Sutton_blows_goats said:

If clement was expecting something different I would ask of him and his agent, have you done your due diligence and research on this role? I always do before I take a job. It’s not quite the same thing but I’d argue just as important.

That's silly TBF. 

You can't prepare for Rangers.

From the executive issues, to the stadium, to the funds for transfers, injuries, the fans...absolute nut house.

Manager and player alike at Rangers, you recognize, accept, endure, hopefully win, and get up the road.

If you're lucky,  with a few fond memories. 

You can't fault Clement for being a normal human in an abnormal environment.

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

u can't prepare for Rangers.

From the executive issues, to the stadium, to the funds for transfers, injuries, the fans...absolute nut house

Don’t know if you’ve noticed bud but the one constant since 2012 has been nothing but chaos.

On 22/07/2024 at 16:00, Gonzo79 said:

Is Phantom not usually just a wind up merchant?  

I'd be very wary of any foreigner who wants to 'invest' in Scottish football. 

Yeah, he has been on Twitter for years. I remember the Media picked up on his story of us signing van Persie years ago.

On 01/08/2024 at 06:58, CammyF said:

I believe our latest court case against Elite Sports Group is due to commence today. Popcorn at the ready. 

Surely by the law of averages, we are due to win 1 at some point.