If it's rumours yese want...

2 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

t is rumoured - I am told strongly, whatever that means- that M Clement is scunnered, with the Board, principally, due to a perceived lack of support, and that he may, as they say, be considering his position. 

I don't know how much faith to put in this, but, if it is the case, the Board requires to take a view, and very quickly. Whichever direction it decides to take, it is clear, will be expensive. 

Basically what Kris Boyd said in his column earlier this week - was "poo-poo'ed" by some fans, but there is certainly a growing feeling Mr Clement is at least contemplating his future. Personally, I can't see it but you never know. Time will tell. 

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I believe that it's all been settled now. There was a settlement agreement with HMRC of £56m of which they received around £8m.

The company is due to be dissolved on 24th October.

Any idea how much of the £56m was EBTs and how much was Whyte not paying income tax & NI ?

and will anyone buy the oldco? And merge it with newco? 🤓

42 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Basically what Kris Boyd said in his column earlier this week - was "poo-poo'ed" by some fans, but there is certainly a growing feeling Mr Clement is at least contemplating his future. Personally, I can't see it but you never know. Time will tell. 

I am not sure who holds the ace in the hole here. I suspect that it is Clement: if only because it will be easier for him, if he leaves, to explain himself to a prospective future employer than it will be for the board to explain itself to a prospective future employee. 

2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Any idea how much of the £56m was EBTs and how much was Whyte not paying income tax & NI ?

and will anyone buy the oldco? And merge it with newco? 🤓

£'000

EBT/ IHT              41,648

Small tax claims   4,079

Craig Whyte era 10,273

Total                    56,000

Don't believe anyone can buy the company as they may inherit the debt that's not been paid. Not 100% sure on that though as it's not my area of expertise.

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

£'000

EBT/ IHT              41,648

Small tax claims   4,079

Craig Whyte era 10,273

Total                    56,000

Don't believe anyone can buy the company as they may inherit the debt that's not been paid. Not 100% sure on that though as it's not my area of expertise.

At one time it was getting stated in the Scottish media the total debt owed was over £130m. Clearly it wasn’t.

And the value of the EBTs was only something like £48m so the trustee or club owe £41m tax? Not £76m as was suggested. And the £41m includes penalties?
after HMRC the next biggest creditor IIRC was ticketus £27m but I think the contract with them was terminated by Green & they pursued whyte?

7 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I believe that it's all been settled now. There was a settlement agreement with HMRC of £56m of which they received around £8m.

The company is due to be dissolved on 24th October.

You wonder whether OldCo can be "saved" and remain part of the club / history / tradition.