Latest RTV manager interview as training camp ends

Lots of uncertainty around the status of the squad going into the next half of July and, although the manager was fairly positive in his assessment here, there's nothing for the supporters to get excited about ahead of the season starting. A big fortnight coming up...

Also, worth noting half the squad will be taking part in a friendly against a Leeds Utd 'B' team in midweek...

The other half will be doing more fitness work.

11 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Comments on transfer incomings interesting, he seemed confident to me that things will start moving soon. Heres hoping the bids come in for Lammers, Dessers, Davies, Matondo, Hagi et al

Difficult to decipher Clement's interviews nowadays. Seems to say one thing one week, then another the week after....

Not sure if it's a language issue or poor PR.

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Comments on transfer incomings interesting, he seemed confident to me that things will start moving soon. Heres hoping the bids come in for Lammers, Dessers, Davies, Matondo, Hagi et al

Why Dessers? I felt he silenced a few critics towards the end of last season but if we’re bringing in someone better….

10 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Why Dessers? I felt he silenced a few critics towards the end of last season but if we’re bringing in someone better….

If we can get back the money we spent for him and save the wages its worth moving him on, he isn't what we need to be honest. If he cost 2.5 million and was on 15k a week he'd be a good squad player IMO. 

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

28 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

If we can get back the money we spent for him and save the wages it’s worth moving him on, he isn't what we need to be honest. If he cost 2.5 million and was on 15k a week he'd be a good squad player IMO. 

So move him on( if we can) & replace him with whom? Someone who can get the same numbers as Dessers last season. Won’t be easy with the money we’ve alleged got to spend