Gersnet EURO 2024 Prediction League - Round of 16

Since yesterday, I've decided to call these VAR clowns VAJ - Video Assistant Jokes.

It was hardly visible from those hasty replays (on German TV) of the Danish goal which was VARed that there really was a toe in an offside position (when the graphic game a few minutes later, I simply assumed that they extended the foot for an inch to make it plausible) and the ref didn't go to the screen either to watch it again.

Afterwards, the thumb of the Danish defender made contact with the ball on a molecular level, barely changed anything, yet off he went to watch it again.

Anyone has the name of the near-side linesman? That fool let German players run half the length of the field, score a goal or miss-cue the shot, before raising his flag. When it was obviously clear that the player was offside. Had he run e.g. into Schmeichel and either of them got an injury, who pays for this foolishness?

And then the German dumplings had three free runs at goal, miss two and have one ruled out by VAJ ... when my 3-0 Joker score was on the line. If only Scott Wright was German!

Edited by der Berliner

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Anyone has the name of the near-side linesman? That fool let German players run half the length of the field, score a goal or miss-cue the shot, before raising his flag. When it was obviously clear that the player was offside. Had he run e.g. into Schmeichel and either of them got an injury, who pays for this foolishness?

That's the way it's done now, so it wasn't foolishness, it was standard procedure (not that I agree with it).

@onevision and @CammyF were the big gainers yesterday, picking up 6 points from the ENG-SVK game with JOKER-applied Correct Scores!

@Yorkie Bear and @der Berliner also picked up Correct Scores. 

Most picked up a point from the SPA-GEO game. 

@WorthingBear91's contrarian strategy not paying off as yet. 

It's tight at the top with only 3 points separating the top 5. 

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

@onevision and @CammyF were the big gainers yesterday, picking up 6 points from the ENG-SVK game with JOKER-applied Correct Scorers!

@Yorkie Bear and @der Berliner also picked up Correct Scores. 

Most picked up a point from the SPA-GEO game. 

@WorthingBear91's contrarian strategy not paying off as yet. 

It's tight at the top with only 3 points separating the top 5. 

Gutted I thought it was the result in the 90 😭