[Official] Ibrox Stadium out of commission for start of new season

On 09/07/2024 at 11:05, Scott7 said:

Highly unsatisfactory.

From the Minute:   “The club finished by stating that the project was a piece that was ever moving but the club are on top of that.”  What waffle.

They should have said there was a problem with materials supply outwith their control which might resolve itself but in the meantime contingency plans were in hand.

Simples.

I know I am coming to this late but didn't someone get canned over this? 

Are they expanding stadium capacity or upgrading existing? 

1 hour ago, compo said:

I'd say apart from the main stand it should be first come first  served I think Hampden has more capacity than Ibrox 

I think there's only 1,000 in it. They can't do a first come, first served these days. 

I presume there will be a specific seat allocated for all games for season ticket holders. Anything else sounds like a nightmare to administer.

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

I know I am coming to this late but didn't someone get canned over this? 

Are they expanding stadium capacity or upgrading existing? 

The former Chief Exec ran away before the problem emerged into light of day.

The Copland Road Stand is being upgraded to provide facilities for disabled supporters. There’s a photo a few pages back.

Well it’s all resolved we will play in Scotlands national stadium you should visit the football museum when you’re there it’s very interesting some great pictures of the way big matches were supported back in the day.

24 minutes ago, compo said:

Well it’s all resolved we will play in Scotlands national stadium you should visit the football museum when you’re there it’s very interesting some great pictures of the way big matches were supported back in the day.

Yeah, the museum is definitely worth a visit.

2 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

My seat at Ibrox is great.

My seat at Hampden will be terrible.

How many years should I spend complaining about this online?

The bottom half dozen rows in the north stand is like peeping out of a manhole

4 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I think there's only 1,000 in it. They can't do a first come, first served these days. 

I presume there will be a specific seat allocated for all games for season ticket holders. Anything else sounds like a nightmare to administer.

So manual turnstiles and paper tickets for non season ticket holders (unless Hampden have QR readers)?

Does anyone know if this steel has arrived yet because i think i just heard on the STV sports report that it's not arrived from China yet maybe we should post someone along the road at the King George the V docks  to see if it's landed