[Official] Ibrox Stadium out of commission for start of new season

On 08/07/2024 at 11:15, CammyF said:

Grumblings today that Ibrox will NOT be ready until September / October (I've heard Santa will have come and gone before we're back at Ibrox), SFA unwilling to confirm / commit to Hampden being made available and all board "communication" to us, the fans is coming through Keith Bloody Jackson.

Omi-shambles. 

I heard on the H&H Daily Update that the Daily Record initially had the article under the heading of "An Ibrox Disaster". 😡

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I heard on the H&H Daily Update that the Daily Record initially had the article under the heading of "An Ibrox Disaster". 😡

Sadly, I suspect that was deliberately upsetting/provocative. 

Edited by Gonzo79

The minutes from the Fan Advisory Board's meeting with the club have just been released. This meeting was 3 days before the club announced the issue with the stadium.

Stadium Upgrades

The club shared that The Director of Operations and Venue is working with the Facilities team and the main contractor. Elements of the project are out with our control, and we are working to make sure we have contingencies in place. Everything is going according to plan, at the minute.

The FAB asked about the WhatsApp rumours (i.e. Ibrox unlikely to be ready for the start of the new season) and if there are contingencies in place to play elsewhere if something goes wrong.

The club responded regarding several options including other Scottish Stadia were being explored. Everything is on the table and being considered. The club finished by stating that the project was a piece that was ever moving but the club are on top of that.

The club have since released a public statement updating supporters on the project, linked below: Link to Rangers Statement: Supporter Update 20/06/24

Prior to the statement's release, the club reached out to the FAB to inform them of the planned communication. The club has committed to arranging a meeting with the FAB to maintain open dialogue and consider any concerns regarding the project's impact.

It seems that the WhatsApp rumours had more information than the club....or the FAB were lied to. The wording suggests the latter.

Highly unsatisfactory.

From the Minute:   “The club finished by stating that the project was a piece that was ever moving but the club are on top of that.”  What waffle.

They should have said there was a problem with materials supply outwith their control which might resolve itself but in the meantime contingency plans were in hand.

Simples.

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Wasn't it Football Scotland who had this heading yesterday? Another Reach PLC owned site? 

8 minutes ago, compo said:

I was under the impression they were going to play in lesser Hampden

I think I read they'll be playing there when it's compliant with regulations, which will be this season but not at the start.

Although not 100% sure about that.

11 hours ago, CammyF said:

Wasn't it Football Scotland who had this heading yesterday? Another Reach PLC owned site? 

Don't know. Guess it could have been in both places? 

5 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Don't know. Guess it could have been in both places? 

It definitely was on Football Scotland (has since been removed and an "apology" printed) but didn't see it / hear about it being on DR but may have been.