[Official] Ibrox Stadium out of commission for start of new season

11 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I'm glad it's Hampden from a travelling viewpoint. I wouldn't fancy going through to Murrayfield potentially a couple of times a week.

However Hampden is such a shit stadium with so many poor seats. I'm hoping for south stand upper, which are about the only decent seats.

An interesting debate will be had over standing v sitting. There's many season ticket holders who are unable to stand for 90 minutes, my wife included, who will not be able to deal with the normal standing at Hampden.

Neither of us can stand for a game either and no longer go to Hampden.  Unless the club address this issue we won't be going.

25 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Neither of us can stand for a game either and no longer go to Hampden.  Unless the club address this issue we won't be going.

I think the demographic at games will be different from cup games at Hampden and hopefully there won't be standing in most areas.

6 hours ago, Scott7 said:

The former Chief Exec ran away before the problem emerged into light of day.

The Copland Road Stand is being upgraded to provide facilities for disabled supporters. There’s a photo a few pages back.

Ahh ok. Cool. 

Thanks bro. 

2 hours ago, Yorkie Bear said:

So manual turnstiles and paper tickets for non season ticket holders (unless Hampden have QR readers)?

The readers at Hampden look the same as ours but doubt they'll be configured to read our season tickets so it could be paper tickets all round.

56 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Fair point.

I'd probably wait until after the first game to gauge how the standing goes.  The views are so bad in the two ends, I suspect a lot of people will stand up initially - how it goes from there, only time will tell.