[Official] Ibrox Stadium out of commission for start of new season

I'm glad it's Hampden from a travelling viewpoint. I wouldn't fancy going through to Murrayfield potentially a couple of times a week.

However Hampden is such a shit stadium with so many poor seats. I'm hoping for south stand upper, which are about the only decent seats.

An interesting debate will be had over standing v sitting. There's many season ticket holders who are unable to stand for 90 minutes, my wife included, who will not be able to deal with the normal standing at Hampden.

1 hour ago, compo said:

If it’s to be Hampden I wonder what kind of deals been done in relation to the hospitality/catering money of course we will never know or need to know but would be interesting to know .

While I dont know any of the finer details, I have heard that this was a major stumbling block around the possibility of playing at Murrayfield. The stadium insisted on controlling the catering and hospitality and Rangers contracts with our partners wouldn't allow that to be possible.

1 minute ago, Tannochsidebear said:

While I dont know any of the finer details, I have heard that this was a major stumbling block around the possibility of playing at Murrayfield. The stadium insisted on controlling the catering and hospitality and Rangers contracts with our partners wouldn't allow that to be possible.

I think that when the hooped horrors played there Hampden got all revenue from hospitality 

I wonder how they are going to work the seating at Hampden for ST holders. I sit in the Copland Rear, a decent view near the pitch. At Hampden the similar seat in the Rangers end is an awful view and as there is no lower and upper I am likely to be right behind the Onions which is a problem. Will it be like for like so if you are in the Copland you will be in the Rangers end and the Broomie will be the Celtic end with main stand and Govan stands being similarly rehoused in North and South, or will it be a MyGers points style logon to get your seat for each game individually?

7 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I wonder how they are going to work the seating at Hampden for ST holders. I sit in the Copland Rear, a decent view near the pitch. At Hampden the similar seat in the Rangers end is an awful view and as there is no lower and upper I am likely to be right behind the Onions which is a problem. Will it be like for like so if you are in the Copland you will be in the Rangers end and the Broomie will be the Celtic end with main stand and Govan stands being similarly rehoused in North and South, or will it be a MyGers points style logon to get your seat for each game individually?

I trust that we Club Deck season ticket holders will not be expected to sit with the hoi poloi.

Does Hampden have the same hospitality capacity as Ibrox?

Reference as to whom I will have to sit next to, I will make enquiry through the auspices of my Butler. I feel we should all make the necessary sacrifices for the sake of our club.

The Chairman and Board have made a roaring arse of this.

2 hours ago, Yorkie Bear said:

I wonder how they are going to work the seating at Hampden for ST holders

Agree with this as my son and I sit in very good seats in the SJ front and would hope we get seats similar.Also will the seats be allocated to those who normally sit together.

As much as dislike Hampden if it must be it must be.

Hopefully after match access to Mt.Florida we will be allowed to go straight up to the station and not sent downhill to go up again adding alot of inconvenience.

2 hours ago, Yorkie Bear said:

I trust that we Club Deck season ticket holders will not be expected to sit with the hoi poloi.

I'd say apart from the main stand it should be first come first  served I think Hampden has more capacity than Ibrox