1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Good job we didn't sell Ally McCoist when the fans were singing Ally Ally get to F.... or when they were demoaning Mark Hateley and Andy Goram....... 

I think social media has changed things a bit.  Things like players turning off the comments option on Instagram posts wasn't around in the 90s.

29 minutes ago, CammyF said:

A very few of us questioned it, we were ridiculed (and worse) but it's at times like these when, without any pleasure, we could say "told you so"

You’re perfectly entitled to tell me that. For years I was perfectly happy with Murray despite the warnings from FF’s Grand Old Man. It was near the end before I saw he was right.

Does the current board not have some hotshot US management and investment expert advising them? There was a great announcement about a year ago but nothing since.

Lack of money is crippling. All the more reason not to waste it. The biggest recruitment error was Pedro followed by Beale. There are excuses in the latter case but none in the former. 

If Bennet wants my advice -  and he still hasn’t been in touch -  it’s quite simple. Forget performance in Europe. Recruit a team to beat celtic. It shouldn’t be that hard. Defenders who can defend will do for a start. Then a couple of athletic guys up front who can put their weight about, a poacher to play alongside them and a couple of footballers. Getting the last two will be the hard part.

It won’t be pretty but it will solve the immediate problem of winning the league and from that small beginning ….

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Some amount of doom-mongering ... good that I left the PC alone for the best part of the day. 

Is it doom-mongering or simple reality of where we are?

It's very hard to see any positives, any light at the end of the tunnel or any hope really. 😕 

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think social media has changed things a bit.  Things like players turning off the comments option on Instagram posts wasn't around in the 90s.

Repeating myself again, but social media is a cesspit. 

Starting Wright and Lawrence is a wee bit worrying though - the definition of insanity etc.

Dessers I get because Danilo is coming back from injury but even a half fit Danilo is more mobile than him.

Sorry if that's harsh.

Barron and Diomande look like they could do well together - they just desperately need a grafter with guile ahead of them in the 10. If he's sticking with that.

Just now, yuddie said:

Starting Wright and Lawrence is a wee bit worrying though - the definition of insanity etc.

Dessers I get because Danilo is coming back from injury but even a half fit Danilo is more mobile than him.

Sorry if that's harsh.

Barron and Diomande look like they could do well together - they just desperately need a grafter with guile ahead of them in the 10. If he's sticking with that.

I wonder, if PC did not give Lawrence, Wright, and anybody else we don't fancy, significant run-outs, pre-season, and is forced to select, any, or all, of them, for competitive matches, in a couple of weeks, what opprobrium we would heap upon his head. 

9 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

What is the point in playing Lawrence?

To quote some of the slanderers of Wright: "To put him in the shop window!"

IMHO, Lawrence and Dowell are the sort of players who do well in an English environment, or someplace where people want to play football. The sort of Bentley you have in the car park and drive about on a Sunday. That is: play when Scottish teams are broken, and you can pick their slender attempts at open football up with clever passes sprayed from midfield to marauding attackers. Both are no doubt good footballers, and truth be told, Lawrence did his best yesterday in terms of pressing their defenders, even had the odd shot. That said, much like with us, ManU is not his level. Our front line had little support from midfield, yet still carved up quite a few chances. Obviously, scorn was emptied over Dessers and Wright for missing their shots ... in a pre-season game that was fought out over - like my Union-friend uses to say - a golden pineapple. 

As for Lawrence, he, Cantwell and Lowry would be my choice for a/the creative slot/s in midfield, yet not front-line attackers. Yesterday, IMHO, it was still all about fitness and checking where everyone is, both in mind and body.

13 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

quote-never-fear-inevitably-we-shall-have-our-years-of-failure-and-when-they-arrive-we-must-bill-struth-120-33-26.jpg

That's a great quote from a great man, maybe even the greatest of all Ranger men, but I can't see where we've emerged stronger from the bleakest of bleak periods (footballing wise) over the last decade.