8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Bit melodramatic. 

I stated earlier today, on this very thread, that I think boardroom improvements are required.  I doubt any Rangers fan doesn't think that.  

I've stated that numerous today, last week, last month, last year yet get accused of not, so welcome to the club. 

28 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I have, if you can't see it, then I'm done pointing it out. 

But for clarification ;

- horrific player recruitment.

- horrific management recruitment. 

- horrific decisions allowing a manager complete control of signings.

- poor use of the little disposable income we have.

- horrific decisions in boardroom (steel for Copland, Celtic Friendly etc).

- silence from the boardroom.

- etc, etc, etc. 

So basically 2012.

36 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I have, if you can't see it, then I'm done pointing it out. 

But for clarification ;

- horrific player recruitment.

- horrific management recruitment. 

- horrific decisions allowing a manager complete control of signings.

- poor use of the little disposable income we have.

- horrific decisions in boardroom (steel for Copland, Celtic Friendly etc).

- silence from the boardroom.

- etc, etc, etc. 

If you think all of the above are off the mark then fine. Of if you think all of the above aren't the root of the problem then fine. 

However, I think they are and I am as entitled as anyone else to hold these or any other views without being repeatedly "miss-quoted" and asked to clarify, when I've posted the same things numerous times then accused of banging on about them. 

Not much I or any of us can do about the above and in retrospect, maybe a good thing we're playing at Hampden (how long for again - oh that's right, we've not been told) as at least I'll have a terrible view of the football on the pitch. 

You have indeed mentioned the above before. It was just when you said 'root of the problems' I thought there was something more there; one or two key things that you felt were the 'root' of the issues. I'm not sure they are 'root' causes, but that's just semantics and certainly doesn't mean I disagree with your list of failures. 

I think the cause of point 1 and 2 are related to the relationship between the DoF and Board. I don't think the DoF has enough power to implement the recruitment strategy we need. Moreover, the Board has too much influence on managerial appointments; I think it should be mainly down to the DoF. We have since changed our DoF and we can see a shift in his approach. Whether he still has a lack of power (i.e. ability to sell a player when the value is high and a offer comes in, etc.), I don't know.

Point 3 is irrelevant because we didn't have a DoF at that time. It was stupid, but nothing could be done about it. 

Point 4 could be related to both the DoF and the Board. The former I've touched upon. The latter: I'm not sure it's 'horrific'; there's progress being made behind the scenes. It's certainly not moving quickly enough. 

Point 5 lists a couple of mistakes, but they're not egregious mistakes, IMO. That's just me, though. I believe heads have rolled? 

Point 6 is a problem, and has been for a while. I do get the sense that you want concrete answers to every little detail yesterday, when that's sometimes not possible. I certainly feel that there is a lot that fans just shouldn't be allowed to know. 

Point 7 is usually the fact that some roles have not been filled. It's just the CEO, is it not? He has just left, so I don't think it's really expected that a new appointment would be made the next day - it did take us a while to get a DoF. 

If we were to drill down on a 'root' cause, I'd go with the power granted to the DoF: I think our DoF should have more power in running the football department. That's just my opinion. @RANGERRAB will probably have a fit. :D 

The other would be the quality of the Board, but I'm not sure the fans are the best to judge - They'll see systemic problems if we draw at the weekend. 

16 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I've stated that numerous today, last week, last month, last year yet get accused of not, so welcome to the club. 

Big mistakes were made after 55* and more since then.  Someone complaining about a core group of players remaining too long* doesn't necessarily impact their ability to see other, bigger problems too.  

25 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Big mistakes were made after 55* and more since then.  Someone complaining about a core group of players remaining too long* doesn't necessarily impact their ability to see other, bigger problems too.  

I agree but what if we couldn't replace those core group of players with better quality, do we sell them / get rid of them just to dispell grumblings from fans? Basically that's the stage we are at today. 

If successive managers have seen something in those players (rightly or wrongly) to keep them then on and continue playing them, should their judgement be trusted?

It goes down to @Rousseau point about having a DOF who has final say over incomings and out goings but that may then lead to conflict with the manager. 

18 minutes ago, CammyF said:

what if we couldn't replace those core group of players with better quality, do we sell them / get rid of them just to dispell grumblings from fans

Players should be moved on for various reasons but the main two are usefulness and economics. 

You all know or you should know by now the bookies seldom get it wrong so here is how they think the seasons first games should go 

Hearts 7/2…Rangers 8/15.

Celtic 1/10…Kilmarnock 14/1

A big gulf in the Parkhead odds remembering that Killie took points from them last season.

3 minutes ago, compo said:

You all know or you should know by now the bookies seldom get it wrong so here is how they think the seasons first games should go 

Hearts 7/2…Rangers 8/15.

Celtic 1/10…Kilmarnock 14/1

A big gulf in the Parkhead odds remembering that Killie took points from them last season.

Can't believe we are 7/15! What's the draw as a matter of interest?