20 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Tav, Davies, Lawrence, Wright and Dessers are probably surplus to requirements.

Davies and Wright we tried to punt last season. Tav has supposedly agreed terms with a club and Dessers is rumoured to go to Greece.

It's a mess.

What makes you certain Dessers is surpluses to requirements? Manager has never shown any desire to move him on.

Like all players if a suitable bid comes in, he'll be offered the chance to accept it. Otherwise he's here for the foreseeable. In fact, like it or not, he's currently the only option we have as a number 9. 

You're summation that is a mess is 100% correct and it's a mess we have less than 7 days to address. 

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

What makes you certain Dessers is surpluses to requirements? Manager has never shown any desire to move him on.

Like all players if a suitable bid comes in, he'll be offered the chance to accept it. Otherwise he's here for the foreseeable. In fact, like it or not, he's currently the only option we have as a number 9. 

You're summation that is a mess is 100% correct and it's a mess we have less than 7 days to address. 

Due to the links over the summer - I don't doubt the club would/want to sell him if the fee is good enough.

And I disagree with the notion that we have 7 days to address it, and I hope the club do too.

If key targets for Clement takes longer to bring in than August 1st then so be it - this rebuild will take longer than one window let's have it right.

If we can bring in good talent before then by all means fire in the bids - but it would be amateurish to panic buy and sell until then.

3 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Due to the links over the summer - I don't doubt the club would/want to sell him if the fee is good enough.

And I disagree with the notion that we have 7 days to address it, and I hope the club do too.

If key targets for Clement takes longer to bring in than August 1st then so be it - this rebuild will take longer than one window let's have it right.

If we can bring in good talent before then by all means fire in the bids - but it would be amateurish to panic buy and sell until then.

What links? A dubious link to a Greek team? Other than that, there have been zero links. 

So if we sell Dessers today, you OK going into the SPL and CL qualifiers with a clearly unfit Danilo as our only striker? 

With Sterling having yet another muscle issue, it confirms that if / when Tav leaves we require a starting RB to replace him.

Edited by CammyF

Just now, CammyF said:

What links? A dubious link to a Greek team? Other than that, there have been zero links. 

So if we sell Dessers today, you OK going into the SPL and CL qualifiers with a clearly unfit Danilo as our only striker? 

No I said if he's sold bring in another one.

I would suggest there's a fag papers difference between the mobility of a half crocked Danilo and Dessers.

He's been linked away to Greece throughout the window. I'm not ITK, I look at my phone and see that clubs are interested in him *apparently*.

If he stays then that's fine, I'd rather sell him and reinvest. As per the model. Or what's of it.

Just now, yuddie said:

That's some fucking finish.

Dessers really is an enigma.

Either looks like a panel beater or world beater.

Pass through to him makes it - great finish tho.